50th batch

I know there are folks on the forum with batch counts well into the hundreds. And believe me when I say I’m in absolute awe of the pioneers that started into this hobby back in the “old days”.
But, I can’t help but feel a little proud. 3 years plus 1 day after I first started into this hobby/obsession, today I brewed Batch # 50.
5 Extracts, 20 Partial mashes, and 25 All Grain batches. :cheers:

Fantastic. It took me 8 years to hit 50 batches, and 6 more to hit 100. I am now at 114. I tend to brew in spurts. There were a couple of years in there where I didn’t brew much at all. Then this year I’ve got 10 batches in with another to be brewed in the next few days, so I’m back “to normal”. With every batch I still learn something new. It’s a wonderfully educational hobby.

I’d like to be able to say that i’ve brewed 100 batches but i don’t even know if i’m at 50 yet. I have a list a work and then one on the laptop i’m using now, but i’ve yet to combine them. After i brew on Monday i’ll have 8 all grain batches brewed this year.

Congratulations. A little part of me cheered when I saw your extremely low number extract brews as opposed to the all-grain, and even partial mash. Happy Brewing.

Congrats man! That’s a significant milestone! I’m probably closing in on 75 and still learning with every batch.

19 batches, first 3 extract, rest AG. Guess I’ve got some work to do to be a better part of this club. Better head to the garage…

[quote=“JimRMaine”]I know there are folks on the forum with batch counts well into the hundreds. And believe me when I say I’m in absolute awe of the pioneers that started into this hobby back in the “old days”.
But, I can’t help but feel a little proud. 3 years plus 1 day after I first started into this hobby/obsession, today I brewed Batch # 50.
5 Extracts, 20 Partial mashes, and 25 All Grain batches. :cheers: [/quote]Bravo! I like to see the progression from extract to partial mash to AG. That gives you a better appreciation for what goes into this and also helps you to focus on the fundamentals early on rather than too much at once.

I did about 47 extract and PM before making the jump to AG and now I am on batch 690.

The important question is: what did you brew!?

I wanted to do a big bad RIS for my 50th, but did a APA to grow yeast, hence I am still occasionally cracking a bottle of “Fifty-One RIS”, but wishing I had more than the 1/2 bbl we brewed.

Still a newbie…I am 13 months into brewing, and my 16th is fermenting right now. Started with 3 extracts, and them I’ve been AG ever since. Still feeling my way around that process, but I think I am slowly getting better.

I feel like I am approaching a point where I will start to go back to a few that I had made previously, rather than doing something different each time. I know better what I like and don’t like, so that will certainly influence my choices in the future.

Brew on!

[quote=“Pietro”]The important question is: what did you brew!?

I wanted to do a big bad RIS for my 50th, but did a APA to grow yeast, hence I am still occasionally cracking a bottle of “Fifty-One RIS”, but wishing I had more than the 1/2 bbl we brewed.[/quote]
Batch50 is my first attempt at a Bock. The 3rd in my lager series for this year(1st a Vienna, 2nd a Marzen). I did a Dopplebock last year which is OK, but not what I’d call great. It is getting better with more aging. I have higher hopes for this Bock.