420 brewing - Motorboat

I have had alot of these guys beers over the years and have nothing but good things to say normally but I suppose every one has to have a failure. I just can’t believe this stuff made it past QC. I got a 6er of this stuff last week and was really looking forward to it as it was a new beer (yummm). Unfortunalty I knew before I ever got the 1st sip that it was not gonna be good. You could smell the DMS just by sniffing the glass and when you sipped it, it was overwhelmingly nasty. This may go down as the worst beer I have ever tried!

Barry

Too bad you got a bad 6. I picked up a 6 week before last and it was great. An American version of an ESB. My bottles were quite nice and had no sign of DMS. If you picked that up through the hop aroma, you are much more sensitive to DMS than me.

I blame DMS for a lack of a better culprit. I am no certified taster so lemme explain the taste. It is something you sense much more very high /deep up in the sinus/nasal area of taste. it has more of an aftertaste punch than up front. I could def taste the hops and it wasnt bad but there was this nasty aftertaste with each swallow. Every one of the 6 was the same as well. I suppose it is possible that I just don’t like whatever hops they used and it is an aroma but it really does have a sulfery undertone. Also I have never thad this taste come up in a beer before.

Barry