40lb Propane refill recommendations

Looking to my fellow brewers in the Twin Cities area for a recommendation on a place to get a 40lb propane tank refilled. I’ve brought it to a rental place in Eden Prairie (behind Mendards) but seems to be a little steep at $46 a fill.

Am I crazy? Any places throughout the metro that you recommend?

-Duck

No recommendations for a location but I would think a 40lb refill should run closer to $30.

You should be able to get a refill at no more then $3.99 a gallon, or $32 for the tank. I’m sure an exchange program would cost more.

BTW, a lot of U Haul locations fill propane tanks

[quote=“gregscsu”]You should be able to get a refill at no more then $3.99 a gallon, or $32 for the tank. I’m sure an exchange program would cost more.

BTW, a lot of U Haul locations fill propane tanks[/quote]

Thanks gregscsu! :cheers:

I guess there are some advantages to living in Texas and all the natural gas production facilities - we pay $15 for a 20-lb refill here.

There is actually a gas station that just opened by my house. $12.99 for 20Lb propane exchange

Same with MO. A 40lb tank would only cost $28 for a refill in my area.

There is actually a gas station that just opened by my house. $12.99 for 20Lb propane exchange[/quote]

thats cheap! may i ask where? i need to fill a couple up.

I think it’s a Clark station, it’s so new I have only been there twice.
Corner of West 7th street & Davern in St.Paul, across from the Taco Bell.

I’ll check the name and make sure the $12.99 sign is still there when I drive by in a couple hours.

I have a friend that is buddies with a propane guy. He has a truck to fill the big tanks out on the farms. It’s been a coupe years, I think I had my 100lb tank filled for ~$30. 20lb around $5-8. :smiley:

The local ACE runs about $15 for a fill. They charge by the gallon. I think it’s the 2nd Tuesday that they run 20% off everything in the store. Except guns and power tools. So a fill is ~$11.

[quote=“gregscsu”]I think it’s a Clark station, it’s so new I have only been there twice.
Corner of West 7th street & Davern in St.Paul, across from the Taco Bell.

I’ll check the name and make sure the $12.99 sign is still there when I drive by in a couple hours.[/quote]

So, it is a Clark SuperDay station and the $12.99 propane exchange sign is still there.

Thanks Greg, that’s pretty close to my work!