22 oz. bottles breaking as NEW

I am having problems with the 22 oz. bottle I purchased from NB. I am bottling and two of the 24 I purchased broke. One week later, I am begining to check the progress of conditioning, and when I remove the bottle caps, three more break. I am beginning to believe that this batch of bottles( from shipping,processing or?) are NOT up to speed of previous bottles purchased. For everyone that is going to say…that was tooo early to drink the beer, I know, it was not carbonated.

yep, sounds like a bad lot of bottles. NB customer service will likely comp you a new set of bottles, I would think.

It is never too early to do a quality control check on your beer.

There can/will be some manufactured lots with some problems. Manufacturing quality control may be lax or a few were just missed in inspections. (Personal opinion.) I would say when using a bench capper the flaw may be in the bottle if the bottle was not heat stressed or otherwise mishandled. If using a wing capper the problem could be an adjustment is needed due to normal wear or a bent/loose part.

Hi worndown,
I am very sorry to hear about the broken bottles. That is VERY uncommon for this to happen and wewould like to reach out to you to learn more and see how we can help. Someone from our customer service team should be emailing you shortly, or you can always give us a call at 1-800-681-2739.

I hope this helps!

6 Likes

What an organization. I posted this in hopes of being discussed and finding the issue. NB as you can see has contacted me. They have replaced everything…bottles,kit and my capper. GREAT retailer. You just have to enjoy brewing with this kind of experience. Thanks NB

3 Likes

NB customer service has always been at the top of the pyramid.

2 Likes