2012 Oktoberfest Hannibal

The Hannibal Area Homebrewers Association is having an Oktoberfest celebration on the last day of the Ofest season, Sunday Oct 7. The kegged beer selection includes Ofest, Bock, Hefeweizen, as well as a harvest APA (homegrown Centennials), Cali common, British mild, and Flanders red. Also have several homemade German kit wines including Reisling, Gruner Veltliner and Gewurtztraminer. I found a nice selection of brats at Aldis, including smoked bratwurst, knackwurst, apple shicken sausage and some interesting looking Nuremburg brats that are the size of link sausages and white. The wife is making her excellent weinerschnitzel, and I’m making homemade pretzels. The guests are bringing the German sides and I’m excited to see what comes in the door. We had a cold snap so I have the kegs on the front porch now, overnight temps are low 30’s and should chill the ber and let it settle. Tomorrow should be in the high 50’s, perfect beer temp. I’m sampling the beer today after shopping and mowing the lawn. The place looks decent and we are expecting upwards of 30 so I hope some of this beer dissapears.

I hope I caused at least one of you to drool a little.