2 Port Better Bottle Hood

I’m going to rig up a CO2 transfer system to move beer from a Better Bottle to a keg. Does anybody know if the long port on a Better Bottle 2 port hood would better accept a 1/4" barb or a 3/8" barb?

Wow, never thought to try that… can you take the hood to the hardware store and try it? Maybe need a hose clamp to keep it assembled? Post yer results… Sneezles61 :cheers:

There are a lot of people doing it and many instructions on the web. Seems to work fine and the main concern is not to put too much pressure into a glass carboy – no more than 2 PSI. I’m going to stick with 2 PSI for the Better Bottle too just to be safe.

The only thing I’m not sure about is the inside diameter of the ports on the hooded cap. I was going to order everything online, but maybe if nobody knows I’ll take a drive over to my LHBS today and see if they have the stuff in house.

I couldn’t figure this out… I think different places call the same size barb different things.

However I did find a place selling a 1/4" MFL to 1/4" MFL fitting so I ordered that.

I own several 1/4" FFL nuts with different sized barbs, so I’ll work it all out when ported hood and fitting arrive. The only thing I’m worried about is that the weight of 2 barbs + 2 nuts + the 1/4" to 1/4" fitting is going to be too much for the long stem on the hood and it’s going to want to collapse over and pinch off the gas supply.