15 year old Barley wine

I was bottling a batch yesterday and stumbled upon two unmarked bottles. I had no idea what it was. I cracked it open and poured it into a pint glass. It was black as night and smelled malty with a good charge of alcohol. I reconized it at once… It was my wedding beer that I brewed for my groomsmen and best man. In JANUARY OF 1997!!!

I couldn’t help myself I took one small sip because didn’t smell off. It was uber mellow slightly sweet with a chocolately finish. I was a bit worried about the age so I didn’t have anymore, so I am just socking the other bottle away.

Brian

Hope you shared it with the bride!

LOL, yes I still married to that beautiful wife of mine…I guess I could have went a lot of ways with that. No I did not share…she hates beer. The scale, when I get her to taste it is yuck, double yuck, and barf…barf being the highest honor.

Brian

[quote=“two_0ne_seven”]I was bottling a batch yesterday and stumbled upon two unmarked bottles. I had no idea what it was. I cracked it open and poured it into a pint glass. It was black as night and smelled malty with a good charge of alcohol. I reconized it at once… It was my wedding beer that I brewed for my groomsmen and best man. In JANUARY OF 1997!!!

I couldn’t help myself I took one small sip because didn’t smell off. It was uber mellow slightly sweet with a chocolately finish. I was a bit worried about the age so I didn’t have anymore, so I am just socking the other bottle away.

Brian[/quote]

You did finish the bottle?

Um, why wait? It’s already been 15 years for gods sake ! LOL

[quote=“Nighthawk”][quote=“two_0ne_seven”]I was bottling a batch yesterday and stumbled upon two unmarked bottles. I had no idea what it was. I cracked it open and poured it into a pint glass. It was black as night and smelled malty with a good charge of alcohol. I reconized it at once… It was my wedding beer that I brewed for my groomsmen and best man. In JANUARY OF 1997!!!

Brian[/quote]

You did finish the bottle?[/quote]

Good god…please say you finished the bottle…
And by all means…drink (and savor) the other one sooner than later. It’ll probably be heading downhill before too many more years have passed…

[quote=“The Professor”]

Good god…please say you finished the bottle…
And by all means…drink (and savor) the other one sooner than later. It’ll probably be heading downhill before too many more years have passed…[/quote]that is one option there, Professor. but I think the only other (and more logical) solution is to send the other bottle to me for testing. 8)

No, I did not. I will finish the other I promise. I was worried that I could have grown something nasty, I was sanitizing with bleach back in the day…lol. It holds a ton of nostalgia for me but yah I guess it’s been long enough…

Brian

You, sir, are a CRIMINAL!!!

You, sir, are a CRIMINAL!!![/quote]
someone get some rope!

Everything thing I have read says nothing that can kill you (or even make you sick) can live in beer!