12 Days & Still Bubbling

So I brewed a big DIPA (1.084) twelve days ago and this thing is still bubbling. Almost every batch Iv’e brewed has been done bubbling after 4 to 5 days. Seems odd.

Anyone else experienced this? Thoughts?

My big beers seem to “bubble” a lot longer than 12 days. I have a Baltic porter that is in the primary now for a month and it still bubbles every now and then.

It’s beer, it ferments. Just let it do it’s thing.

Walk away from it.

Yeah, I’ve got a IIPA right now doing the same thing. About 1.075 with a bunch of 05 and it just keeps chugging away. I thought it was done when sitting at 60* so I brought it upstairs to completely attenuate it and dry it out and now it’s just bubbling away again.

bubbling does not equal fermentation. You need to measure the gravity. But I would give a beer of that OG at least 10 days before I started checking it.

Bubbling means some form of gas is being generated inside the fermenter. What else would it be besides fermentation?

Bubbling means some form of gas is being generated inside the fermenter. What else would it be besides fermentation?[/quote]

Could just be CO2 that was already created leaving the solution.

Bubbling means some form of gas is being generated inside the fermenter. What else would it be besides fermentation?[/quote]

Could just be CO2 that was already created leaving the solution.[/quote]

ezackly. correction to my statement above - should read 15 days minimum

Fair enough… thanks gang