11-11-11 Epic Brew Day

I’m planning a brew day on November 11, 2011 (11-11-11). I was inspired by Stone Brewery’s Vertical Epic.

http://www.stonebrew.com/epic/

I propose we make it an event and everyone share there ideas/notes/recipes.

I’m all in for that. I am thinking now that I might do three batches that day for a total of 66 gallons of beer.

I typically brew on fridays so chances are that I will be brewing on that day any way. Should we come up with a group recipe for this, or just wing it and have some fun knowing the fun others are having at the same time?

Probably should be 33 gallons of beer, right? I might max out the keggle and go for that.

On second thought, I doubt it. I’m just finishing sorting through 15 big rubbermaid tubs of free apples and getting ready for a weekend of cidering. I’ll be fermenting about 55 gallons and maxing out my fermenting space.

Hard to beat FREE fermentables! The last time I brewed cider was in 2008, when I made 5 batches. I still have about a case of that, and it’s good. Really easy to convert into ACV as well.

Also, 11/11/11 is the day before rifle season opens here, so I doubt I’ll be staying up very late. You guys will have to rock on without me. :cheers:

I’ll be busy getting blasted at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica on 11/11. But you guys go ahead and brew some beer. 8)

Same here. But, I’m going to knock out an early morning batch that day then try to get rested up for opening morning. I’ve already been seeing some nice bucks.

Being that it is veterans day I would like to think I would be doing a full metal jacket skull splitter as a tribute to the Seal Team that made the world a better place but who knows, I got the freedom to pursue happiness any way I see fit. But at 11:00 I will be remembering all those that went before me and those that still serve

Bah! That would be a perfect day for my Doctoral Barleywine… Ahhh really not sure if I can do it.

[quote=“El Capitan”][quote=“MullerBrau”]I’m all in for that. I am thinking now that I might do three batches that day for a total of 66 gallons of beer.[/quote]Probably should be 33 gallons of beer, right? I might max out the keggle and go for that.[/quote]Nope, 66. My brew pot is a 25 g Megapot. I’ve never done 3 batches in one day so 11-11-11 is as good a day as any to try it.

666 would be better

11/11/11, isn’t that a new flat tax plan?

Shall we brew something thats 11% ABV (that’d be close to 1.111 OG) using 11oz of 11%AA hops? And use Whitelabs WLP011 European Ale yeast?

[quote=“tom sawyer”]11/11/11, isn’t that a new flat tax plan?

Shall we brew something thats 11% ABV (that’d be close to 1.111 OG) using 11oz of 11%AA hops? And use Whitelabs WLP011 European Ale yeast?[/quote]

id probably drink it i think your on to something

Or stated more succinctly, 1.11 OG / 111 IBU. Probably need to be aged 111 days.

And don’t go off about 100 being max for IBUs, we’re shoehorning another 11 in this brew dammit.

so i assume your gonna post the recipe

I’m in … make sure the recipe has 11 different hops and 11 different grains. We made a 15-15-15-15 brew in our club to celebrate our 15th anniversary. It was OG=1.150, 15 grains, 15 hops, 15%abv, and 15 SRM IIRC to boot.

I’m starting yeast today for Epic American Lager (aka Geraldweizer)!!!