100% munich alt stuck or just done?

I brewed a 100% gambrinus 10L munich malt alt and fermentation has pretty much ceased at 1.017 (OG 1.050) for the last 3 weeks (66% attenuation). I was really hoping for a dry 1.010. Used WY1007.
Mashed at 150F and below.

I roused it and sprinked in a packed of US05 2 days ago and nothing happened. The bubble looks like it goes through maybe once or twice i day- i never see it happen though. Its 72-80F in the house now.

Could it be that this particular malt comes with a lot dextrins in it? Is this type of thing common for 100% munich brews because the grain is so malty?

Or is pouring the cool wort from 2ft height in to the fermenter really enough aeration? Ive never had a problem before.

any feedback appreciated

d

100% 10L Munich? I’m pretty sure it’s done. If you would have pitched big and aerated with pure O2 that might of shaved off a couple gravity points. There are some big dopple bock brewers lurking here with lots of munich malt experience, maybe they can give you a better answer.

Did you do a yeast starter? Has the entire fermentation been at 72-80?

I just did a Festbier type of lager that was 100% munich, 25 IBU’s of Hallertauer.
Pitched it onto a whole cake of Wyeast Czech Pils yeast.
It went from 1.056 down to 1.018. 66-67% apparent attenuation, works out to ~5% Abv.
But thats just numbers anyways, most importantly:
It’s pretty darned tasty, and keeps getting better.
I think you’ll like this brew better at 1.018 than 1.010.

Totally. What Scott Miller said.

+1 to ^^^.

I assume if using 100% Munich (drooling right now by the way) that the point would be to have a very malty beer. Which at 1.018 sounds like you got.

What temp did you mash at?

[quote=“dobe12”]+1 to ^^^.

I assume if using 100% Munich (drooling right now by the way) that the point would be to have a very malty beer. Which at 1.018 sounds like you got.

What temp did you mash at?[/quote]

Mashed at 150F and below.

[quote=“onthekeg”][quote=“dobe12”]+1 to ^^^.

What temp did you mash at?[/quote]

Mashed at 150F and below.[/quote]

Missed that thanks. Gotta be the Munich then. If it were say pils malt, it would have finished much lower.