10 Gal batch?

I’m wanting to make a 10 gal batch of american pale ale, would it work to just use two kits or will it be thrown off?

That’s all you need. Double the batch size, double the ingredients.

Are you doing full boils or no? Because if you are make sure that you don’t double your boil off water. I boil 6.5 gallons to end up with 5 gallons in a hour if you do 10 gallons you would still be around 11.5 galllons because boil off will be close to the same.

Never thought about that thanks!

I want to double the batch because everyone else drinks my beer faster than I can brew it.

True that the boil off rate stays the same. IF you are using the same diameter of pot. If you change the dimensions of the pot your boil off rate will change.

This is what im now struggling with went from 5 gallon all grain to 10 gallon and not i’m boiling off way way way more wort then I was before, So i’m trying to figure out my ratio for boil off came up about a gallon short last time.

This is what im now struggling with went from 5 gallon all grain to 10 gallon and not i’m boiling off way way way more wort then I was before, So i’m trying to figure out my ratio for boil off came up about a gallon short last time.[/quote]
Boil off should be easy enough to measure with a measuring stick.

This is what im now struggling with went from 5 gallon all grain to 10 gallon and not i’m boiling off way way way more wort then I was before, So i’m trying to figure out my ratio for boil off came up about a gallon short last time.[/quote]
Boil off should be easy enough to measure with a measuring stick.[/quote]

The dryer air during the winter can also increase the evaporation rate.

Like BB mentioned, an aluminum rod from the hardware store will make it easier to hit your volumes.

Boil off should be easy enough to measure with a measuring stick.[/quote]

Yeah I made one when I bought the new kettle. I just did my runnings like I had been in the past came up with the amount that I thought that I needed, boiled it then about 20 minutes from the end checked how many gallons I had and I thought “Crap I’m going to come up short” I should of added more water to bring it up to where it needed to be but instead I just went with it.

I just need to adjust my runnings.

I built a keggle that i use for everything

Time to hold a brewing class.