– "Brew, Share, Enjoy."

BTV Episode 50 - Lakefront Brewery

Moderator: Global Moderators

<<

chipaway

Master Brewer

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 am

BTV Episode 50 - Lakefront Brewery

In this episode, we're off to the original Beer City, USA - Milwaukee, Wisconsin to visit Lakefront Brewery. The good people behind the innovative brewery are craft brew pioneers that still cherish their homebrewing roots and do a lot to support both the local and national homebrewing community. [Original postdate: December 2, 2011]

Episode Link:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/connect/e ... nt-brewery

Check out the Lakefront Brewery Pro Series beer kits while you're at it:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brew ... nt-brewery

Leave your episode comments below.
All for brew, brew for all!
Chip
People don't dance no mo', all they brew is this.
<<

abrown001

Master Brewer

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:16 am

Re: BTV Episode 50 - Lakefront Brewery

Nice! Thanks for the episodes!
Brewing: Weizen, Cream Ale, APA, Oatmeal Stout, Bitter, Smoked Baltic Porter, Oud Bruin
<<

flytyer

Master Brewer

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:50 am

Nice episode guys. I appreciate the respect for the past while moving forward. It's a gift to educate without being boring or preachy. Thanks. I just printed off my E-tickets for the tour tomorrow and I am wondering if it's creepy if I wear my BTV workshirt to the tour?
"Illegitimi Non Carborundum"
<<

Jake Keeler

Master Brewer

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:01 am

flytyer - represent! Go for it!

cheers

Jake
<<

gregscsu

Master Brewer

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:28 am

Man I am like 42 episodes behind, I need to start catching up. I think a BTV / Brew day this weekend will help out.
Primary: BVIP, Milk Stout
Secondary:
Keg: Apfelwein, Brown Ale, Brandy Oak Irish Red, Octoberfest, Black & Mild
Cask: Brown Ale
<<

richkev

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:41 am

It's really cool that Lakefront has that "open source" attitude. I can't get their beers in my area, but I'm definitely going to try some of the kits that they have provided with Northern Brewer. That is what got me into homebrewing in the first place. An inability to get some of the really good craft brews that were popping up around the country. Now, at least I can try to replicate a few of my own.
<<

beemerbum

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Went to the Lakefront tour last year - the best! Very entertaining. Their beer is awsome as well - especially Fixed Gear.
When NB came out with the kit, I had to have. It is now starting its second week in secondary. Might have to take a bottle up to the guys at Lakefront and see what they think.
BTW, BTV, this was a keeper episode.
<<

karithna

Brewer

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:52 pm

I should go to my local brewery and see if they'll donate fresh wort!! Lakefront is awesome!!
"I consider myself a sort of sovereign state. I don't recognize other governments within my borders." - Repairman Jack
<<

K5MOW

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:37 am

Great episode guys.

Roger
<<

flytyer

Master Brewer

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:02 am

Not very confidential, but personal to Mr Keeler, You S**k,The wife and I went on the tour Saturday. I was extremely dapper and stylish rocking my BTV work shirt. Why did'nt you just put a target on the back instead of the logo. By the end of the tour I was "Mr. BTV Bung King" and the boss was doing an impression of Leverene or Shirley on the bottling line as "Mrs. BTV Bung Queen". (God bless our tour guide. She didn't find me when she needed someone to represent the fermentation process. Them yeasties are horny little buggers) Do I need to change my screen name?
Tour was great I especially enjoyed the historical background to brewing and it's importance to the area. Beer was great, tour guide was funnier than heck. More than worth the $7.00. My only suggestion was maybe they could do a more indepth tour with homebrewers in conjunction with NB. I highly recommend this for everyone when the visit Milwaukee.
"Illegitimi Non Carborundum"
<<

sparky5982

Apprentice Brewer

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:14 am

50 episodes in the can.... Did you guys ever think you'd be doing it that long? I picked it up at episode 2, and I've really enjoyed the ride with you guys.

Thanks for another great episode. I live within a couple of hours of Milwaukee, so I'll definitely have to go see the place the next time I'm up there. I hope Lakefront is giving you guys a little something to compensate you for all the free advertising they got here.

Here's hoping for at least 50 more. Try not to get burnt out!
<<

chipaway

Master Brewer

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 am

Burn out? Us? NEVER!
People don't dance no mo', all they brew is this.

Return to Brewing TV