2. I have a 10 gallon MLT cooler but I feel this is too large for a 6 lb. grain bill (not enough bed depth)
3. I also have a 5 gallon SS stock pot that would be perfect for the volume of mash.
4. I want to convert this into a Mash Tun... simply and easily, well, as easily as possible. I would like to avoid welding and soldering if at all possible.
5. My initial planning involves using the same Brass fittings (with a shorter nipple) from my cooler, on the stock pot. I realize this involves drilling a hole in the bottom. I want to use the same SS braid I use as well.
6. I have taken into account the curvature of the pot, which is why I'm asking for assistance.
7. If welding is involved, I do have access to MIG equipment. If soldering is involved, I can do that my self (though I would rather not.)
Q: Is there a weldless/solderless method for this?
Q: If so, what's the best course of action?
Q: prempting the questions above, would rubber gaskets/washers be sufficient to hold a seal, or would their flat nature not fit well with the round pot walls.
I appreciate any input.