– "Brew, Share, Enjoy."

LD Carlson Easy Clean

Moderator: Global Moderators

<<

tennessee brewer

Master Brewer

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:48 am

LD Carlson Easy Clean

Has anyone used LD Carlson easy clean , If so how do you rate it . I haven't been able to find out much on-line about this product , how it works , the use for cleaning , if its enviro. friendly , etc...
<<

CoreySmith

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:39 am

Re: LD Carlson Easy Clean

tennessee brewer wrote:Has anyone used LD Carlson easy clean , If so how do you rate it . I haven't been able to find out much on-line about this product , how it works , the use for cleaning , if its enviro. friendly , etc...

My LHBS says it is exactly the same stuff as OxyClean or Sun Oxygen cleaner, except that it is 15% more concentrated. It is technically no-rinse, but the manufacturer says they do recommend rinsing. If you use it you may get an inert white film on everything.
<<

friedlbug

Brewer

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:58 am

tennessee brewer wrote:Has anyone used LD Carlson easy clean , If so how do you rate it...

It's the same thing as OneStep, which you will find many opinions on. I used it for my first year because it came with my first kit and it worked. I've since picked up some iodaphor, and I might like it better. Many people will say that OneStep and EasyClean are to same as Oxyclean, and once mixed in water they mostly are, but some will contend that there's enough difference between them before they react with water that you can't say they're the same thing. I've never used Oxyclean, but I don't dispute that it would work.
<<

maltdog

Master Brewer

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Email LDC with your questions... I did just that about another product, and got answers within 24 hours.
Hop Fever... Catch It !
<<

CoreySmith

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:55 pm

friedlbug wrote:
tennessee brewer wrote:Has anyone used LD Carlson easy clean , If so how do you rate it...

It's the same thing as OneStep, which you will find many opinions on. I used it for my first year because it came with my first kit and it worked. I've since picked up some iodaphor, and I might like it better. Many people will say that OneStep and EasyClean are to same as Oxyclean, and once mixed in water they mostly are, but some will contend that there's enough difference between them before they react with water that you can't say they're the same thing. I've never used Oxyclean, but I don't dispute that it would work.

OHHHHHH, my mistake, you are absolutley correct. It was a while ago so I got confused. My LHBS said it was OneStep at 1.15 strength, not Oxyclean. (Although it seems that OneStep and Oxyclean seem very similar).
<<

TonyC

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:01 pm

Easy Clean is a sodium percarbonate type of cleaner. This is the same type of cleaner as One Step and Oxiclean, but they are not exactly the same cleaners. They do contain sodium percarbonate, which is a combination of hydrogen peroxide and sodium carbonate, but at different strengths.

I use Star San as a sanitizer, and Easy Clean as a cleanser, and love both. Ive used Easy Clean for a long time, and have not had any issue with white films or anything. It's a simple no rinse cleaner, and if you do rinse, then you are wasting your time and money, as you are making whatever you just cleaned, basically dirty again.

Return to Northern Brewer General