Zythos hops

I just brewed with them for the 1st time last week. A combo of zythos and centenial. Smelled great. I won’t know for a few weeks how the final product tastes.

Anyone try Zythos?

I made an all Zythos AIPA this spring.
I thought it was fantastic.

Proprietary hop blends are going to be the next rage… :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

[quote=“pinnah”]Proprietary hop blends are going to be the next rage… :slight_smile:
![/quote]

Not for me, I want complete control of my beer, including knowing exactly what hops are going in it.

[quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“pinnah”]Proprietary hop blends are going to be the next rage… :slight_smile:
![/quote]

Not for me, I want complete control of my beer, including knowing exactly what hops are going in it.[/quote]

This is why I’m working on a couple of my own “proprietary” hop blends :mrgreen: (one for fruit-bomb beers and one for dank-bomb beers)

[quote=“erockrph”][quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“pinnah”]Proprietary hop blends are going to be the next rage… :slight_smile:
![/quote]

Not for me, I want complete control of my beer, including knowing exactly what hops are going in it.[/quote]

This is why I’m working on a couple of my own “proprietary” hop blends :mrgreen: (one for fruit-bomb beers and one for dank-bomb beers)[/quote]

Good for you. :smiley:

[quote=“erockrph”][quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“pinnah”]Proprietary hop blends are going to be the next rage… :slight_smile:
![/quote]

This is why I’m working on a couple of my own “proprietary” hop blends :mrgreen: (one for fruit-bomb beers and one for dank-bomb beers)[/quote]

:lol:

Any thoughts on your all dank bomb blend?

or praps you might go all proprietary on us? :wink:

[quote=“pinnah”][quote=“erockrph”]

:lol:

Any thoughts on your all dank bomb blend?

or praps you might go all proprietary on us? :wink: [/quote]

Columbus is the main hop, along with some Willamette and Saaz. Nugget and Summit will definitely be going in, but I need to brew some test batches with them before I decide how much to use. If the Summit I have is mostly tangerine, I"ll use it in the fruit hop blend. If its mostly dank it goes in the dank blend. If it’s got some qualities of both then I’ll use small amounts in each blend.

Just used Columbus & Apollo for dry hopping and got that nice “dankness”.

I’ll be experimenting with this again for sure! :smiley:

Good Luck

I’ve used Zythos a couple of times now, makes a great APA.

Did you dry hop your APA with Zythos?

Yes I used 2oz and it was excellent. I haven’t been big on using dry hopping in the past but I’ve concluded that there is no alternative for getting a real fresh aroma. I’m also using way more hops than I have in the past.

I’ve used zythos on my last IPA. I used it in combination with sorachi and falconer’s flight. The IPA turned out very good. Had a lasting citrus taste.

Not sure why you’d blend two blends together, but hey its all good.

I just used 1 oz. of Zythos in an IPA I made in combination with Columbus and Centennial Type. I was surprised between reading the description of the hop blend and the actual aroma of the hops. They smelled nothing like I thought. They actually did not smell good at all !

Just an observation. Anybody else know what I am talking about ?

[quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“pinnah”]Proprietary hop blends are going to be the next rage… :slight_smile:
![/quote]

I may need to rethink that statement. Since I posted this I tried a wheat beer (6.8%) that used Falconer’s Flight (30 IBUs) that was pretty good.

[quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“Rookie L A”]

I may need to rethink that statement. Since I posted this I tried a wheat beer (6.8%) that used Falconer’s Flight (30 IBUs) that was pretty good.[/quote]
Just because someone else made the blend, that doesn’t mean it has to be bad. I buy Garam Masala all the time without knowing exactly what’s in it. I just know it tastes good, and I’m fine with that.

[quote=“erockrph”][quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“Rookie L A”]
Just because someone else made the blend, that doesn’t mean it has to be bad. I buy Garam Masala all the time without knowing exactly what’s in it. I just know it tastes good, and I’m fine with that.[/quote][/quote]

I never meant to say it was bad, I meant I was leary because I didn’t know what the blend was.