So I decided to go ahead and brew the Caribou Slobber kit I've had a couple weeks now because Ill be doing a Hef in about a week and want to have a few different brews in the kegerator. I have a Zombie Dirt batch in my 6.5gal and transferred that to secondary tonight to free up the 6.5 for the Caribou batch. The zombie dirt OG was around 1.052 and the current reading is around 1.014. My question is since the Zombie Dirt seems to have hit the FG what would keeping it in secondary do? I mean what is happening in secondary that would make me want to wait that much longer to keg it? Its cleared up pretty nice so far so i'm not too worried about that.
My personal choice is to let my beers clear in the primary and then bottle. Usually three weeks in the primary. If you feel the beer has sufficiently cleared nothing more will be gained by having the beer in a secondary vessel.
What @flars said.
I'm of a different camp. Isn't Zombie dirt an IPA? I would keg that sucker ASAP, get it in the flow. My experience, you get to enjoy the hop bouquet and flavor. Mine seem to fade the longer you wait... Sneezles61
Sounds like this bad boys getting legged today! Thanks guys!
Not legged, kegged haha I love my beer but not that much...
Yeah, auto correct isn't all its cracked up to be! Sneezles61