Yeungling moves it's beer yeast

Saw on the TV news that Yeungling is expanding into Texas for a marketing probe into the west.
The TV showed an armored car being loading with recipes and yeast for the trip to Texas. I live very near to Yeungling, so it was local news item.
I wonder what other security was in place for the trip.

Some serious business if you need an armored vehicle! Yeungling is a fair beer but I think some of its allure diminished after they officially started selling in OH. I used to know people who would make the trek to PA just to get some, now they hardly drink it.

Years ago, Schells bought the Grainbelt brew… They also had that sort of fan fare… Perhaps more of Show Boating?
Sneezles61

My go to swill beer when we are in Florida. I wondered why they had such a presence down there but come to find out there is a Yeungling brewery in Tampa. Must be they are really branching out.

The armor car is for show. All their recipes would fit on a hard drive and the yeast would do better in a refrigerated vehicle.

1 Like

Probably embarrassed if someone found out was actually in that stuff. Last time i had one i couldn’t finish.

2 Likes

Surprised. I like their Black&Tan, not my go to but I’ll drink it over a lot of other things.

Just more BMC swill with a local/regional following. Hard Pass.

1 Like

While it’s not BMC, I guess it might as well be. Oldest brewery in the nation and still family owned… still large corporation but technically still in the craft category (whatever that means). “The craft beer sector is led by D.G. Yuengling & Son Inc. (Pennsylvania), Boston Beer Co. (Massachusetts) and Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (California), respectively.”
Both Boston Beer and certainly Sierra have a more interesting product line I agree.

So now Duvel is among the craft/indie crowd? from Kansass?.. I’ll need to do some more looking to see whats going on…
Sneezles61

I don’t know what the criteria is but i would think being labeled a craft brewer would involve releasing seasonal expierimentals and one offs

1 Like

Yes I’m well aware, and it’s just putting lipstick on a pig. Call it what you like it’s still no better than BMC swill.

Duvel has over 7000 brewery(?) Brands(?) under its belt world wide… A couple familiar ones here in the USA…
No Yeungling around here… Even at the bigger stores that carries soooo many choices.
Sneezles61

Duvel owns Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY home of the baseball home of fame. Last I had one of their beers it was still pretty tasty. Definitely makes Yeungling look like swill.

2 Likes

I kind of liked the branding Ommegang had going…then they did that game of thrones ripoff. I know it was licensed that’s not my complaint. There was like one beer mentioned in the whole damn series so why was it even appropriate? It wasn’t it was just capitalizing on pop culture.

Exactly Danny, there brews that stand tall and proud… then there are those that want to…
Sneezles61

I guess they all have there place just not in my refrigerator

2 Likes

Being a western PA guy, I can say that there were many college buddy annual camping weekends where we killed Yuengling kegs back in my younger days. :sunglasses: I used to keep a case of Yuengling cans in my fridge back in the day before I learned about craft, at this point, it’s probably been at least 10 years if not longer since I had one.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

I respect the family owned status and the fact that they have never sold out, but its just not my taste profile. Seems to have a bite and a heavy crystal malt presence(or something) that doesn’t appeal to me.

2 Likes

Being home brewers i believe we are biased

2 Likes