Work trip to St. Louis, worth going to Anheuser Busch?

Thinking about just because of its size. Any other brewery/tap room suggestions would be great.

I have been to St. Louis several times, but still never the A-B thing.

However I have been to Grant’s Farm, where they serve a pint to every adult with your admission, and it’s a nice big zoo kind of thing including the legendary Clydesdales.

There’s a lot of great breweries and I haven’t seen them all yet. I liked Schlafly’s and Square One, still need to see some more. Maybe after your trip you can let us know which ones are worth a visit.

Also, I need to say that whether you have kids or are a kid at heart, you really need to see the City Museum… which is a misnomer because it’s really not a museum at all, but like an enormous fun house with a million little secret passageways and mazes and nooks & crannies to crawl through and run around and just have an amazing time. I’m childish enough that at age 40, I would go there all by myself and run around like I was 6 years old and just have a great time. Must be seen to be believed!

I go to the AB tour every time I am in St. Louis. It is definitely worth the time and it is free. The beer at the end is good, probably because it is not pasteurized. They don’t pasteurize kegs. My favorite part of the tour is to watch how fast they fill up a semi truck with spent grains.

Perennial Brewing is a winner in my book. Fantastic stuff going on there. Urban Chestnut is another. They have been to a couple of local micro fests in my area, and I like what they have going on. O’Fallon is a little outside of St. Louis but makes some good beers as well. Four Hands makes an Oatmeal Brown that is probably my favorite bottled beer right now. Cival life just hit here in KC but they make a bitchen English Mild. Lemp, Schlafly…Ferguson…LOL…there are more, but that is my $0.02.

Travel on!!

:cheers:

I visited the Schlafly Tap House and The Bridge Tap Room downtown last fall and they were both good. The Bridge has about 40 taps and they do 4 ounce pours of everything. The food was also terrific.

Haven’t been to AB but did get to both Busch Gardens and did the tastings there. While there are a lot of craft brew snobs out there that will say never drink ABs swill, they do have a lot of specialty beers that might be hard to find in your local area and you can try there. I know for one of the tastings it was like a wine tasting and the paired it with food. If I recall correctly all 4 beers they had us try were not on the market yet or only in select markets.

[quote=“The Fhunt”]Perennial Brewing is a winner in my book. Fantastic stuff going on there. Urban Chestnut is another. They have been to a couple of local micro fests in my area, and I like what they have going on. O’Fallon is a little outside of St. Louis but makes some good beers as well. Four Hands makes an Oatmeal Brown that is probably my favorite bottled beer right now. Cival life just hit here in KC but they make a bitchen English Mild. Lemp, Schlafly…Ferguson…LOL…there are more, but that is my $0.02.

Travel on!!

:cheers: [/quote]
Of course the guy from KC would get it right!

I’ve never been to AB, but if you have time after checking out all the craft breweries you want to, I hear the trip is worth it. Their beer may not exactly be desirable, but I have a lot of respect for their technical delivery.

Urban Chestnut is real good. Their facility on Washington St is the one I’ve been to.

Civil Life does good work.

Schlafly’s as well.

Several of the others are good, and some are merely fair.