Woodstock memories

Brewing today and listening to Woodstock radio on Pandora. I lived in Brewster NY at the time and it was a crossroads. The train stopped there so kids from NY and Westchester had to hitch from there also were you picked up 84 heading west. I was 14 told my dad I wanted to go no chance. The place was crowded with hippies and hippie girls. My conversion was done. Wasn’t drinking much beer then. Pot was cheaper. We would bum roaches. What a summer what a year.

5 Likes

Actually just did the math, I was 15 would be 16 in October

I was 10 going on 11 that year and brought up in small town in West Michigan. Buncha dirty hippies… LOL

I grew up in a lake community with alot of summer houses for people from the city. I remember the transition from the greasers to the hippies. Alot of tension especially when the girls started gravitating to the long hairs with guitars. That kind of sealed the fate of the old DA

Woodstock was what 1969? I was eleven. Just starting to notice girls really so I went through puberty surrounded by hippy chics. Daisy dukes, halter tops, pathcouli…man those were the days huh?

My middle son and I were planning to go to the Woodstock reunion this year. Pretty bummed when it got cancelled.

1 Like

Kind of glad. Woodstock was Woodstock trying to capitalize on that is just wrong. Look what happened in 99. Music festivals are fine just don’t call it Woodstock.

1 Like

So little hops I don’t think it matters. My mash ended at 145. I was hoping for .012 or so myself. Looking back I wish I didn’t aerate the wort. Hopping for a stuck fermenation. My plan now is to crash it @.012 and just keep it cold in the keg. Was going to add blood orange but I’ll save that incase it’s to dry and I dump it

You brewed a woodstock beer? or is this misplaced?

1 Like

Hmm what would I put in it besides the obvious token bud. Maybe some granola and peanut butter.

1 Like

Let me ponder this

1 Like

Maybe you and the mad scientist @damian_winter should collab on this one?

1 Like

Yes my thoughts exactly. Everyone does a granola Brown and I think American beauty is a granola IPA. I’m thinking a peanut butter lager maybe. I would use organic PB and pour off the oil of course

Peanut butter beer sounds kind of gross though.

1 Like

Not a lager, but a pretty tasty PB Porter…

How about electric kool-aid and some left over shake from jerry garcia beard to dry hop it with lol

3 Likes

Well…

Well the acid would lower the pH. Lublin, Southern Brewer, Dana hops would would all go nice in a lager. Need a catchy name.

1 Like

My parents were driving in the area around Woodstock back in the summer of 69 and saw everyone going and saw the signs and asked each other “Should we see what it’s about?” “Nah too many people lets keep driving”
They have been regretting that decision ever since, but it’s in my DNA that I hate crowds.

1 Like

Hey I’m not one of those people who think Woodstock was anything special. It actually didn’t gain traction until it was sold with the album and then movie. You have to remember our generation also thought it cool to have the hell’s angels in charge of security at Altamont also in 1969. If a large gathering of people is unique because it goes down and there is no violence God help us. Seems to be where were heading.