Why I'm Leaving

All of my favorite features are gone. We can’t view pictures. I can’t find an old post of mine that I could very very easily find in the past. I have links all over the interwebs to specific posts on this site but now 100% of those links have been broken, worthless. I am totally unable to login from my Kindle.

I’ve had enough of this crap. I’m out of here. If you want to find me, I’m on AHA.

Enjoy your new enhanced site everyone.

3 Likes

Have to say I don’t find the ‘new enhanced’ site to be very friendly either. All the posts that I have marked as read before are now showing as not read so I have about 700 unread posts, it’s hard to tell what’s been read and hasn’t, what’s new, etc. I enjoy this site so I’ll try to work through it…unless I get really frustrated…but yea…no love for the new look and feel honestly…

1 Like

I agree its awful. Co

1 Like

It’s growing on me as I use it a bit more. Beginning to like it. I do miss the “Mark Topic Read:” feature which seems to have been removed. Also all the threads I marked that way before seem to appear unread to me now.

1 Like

Found what I was missing…if you click the “new” tab at the bottom of the list of new threads there is a “dismiss new” button.

I kind of agree. I don’t think I’m leaving for good, but probably won’t be around all that much anymore (maybe some people will be relieved. LOL).

Navigating this will take some getting used to, but can’t say I’m very thrilled with the new look.

1 Like

change is always hard…. Do try stick with it, i think you’ll figure out the new hoops to jump through… Kinda like brewing, you didn’t make yer killer batch one the first attempt, or perhaps some did? Sneezles61

Yup, change is hard, and also a “universal constant”. Hopefully Dave and all the other regulars will resurface with time. I’ve really enjoyed this forum and interacting with and learning from the vets. Is it the “worst thing everrr”? Naahh.

I beta tested the new format and was honest that I did not like it but really didn’t have enough time to honestly say it sucks. Well I’m getting used to it a little but so far would go back to the old one in a second. In a couple of months it will probably be old hat, I hope.

The busted links are a really bad consequence of this update. As well as the deletion of older content (that was still really relevant).

It seems that there are a lot of good features to the new build, but some features that have disappeared seem to really be disrupting people’s rhythm. For instance, I would always check the “view your posts” section, then the “active topics” section. There is a probably a way (maybe even a better way) to browse my topics and new interesting topics, but I just haven’t found the right way yet.

Is there maybe a tutorial somewhere that I’m missing?

Also, kind of a huge bummer my animated gif doesn’t work for my avatar anymore. I’ll have to find something obscure and funny that also suits my personality and defines me as a user.

2 Likes

I wasn’t to sure of the new format during the Beta teat, but I did see some things I liked. Hopefully the missing data still resides on a server and can be relinked soon. I like the speed of the new format. The site has some of the same features used in Chrome and gmail so some of the hidden items weren’t so hidden as when I first used Chrome.

I agree. Have been using my GIF for over a decade here. I did however just discover by mistake how to quote a post.

I think I did too. I’m glad as no one would ever figure I’m @loopie_beer. No one would ever get that from the lack of an _ in my user name…

Wait a minute… Now the _ is showing…

But I can’t figure out how to add emoticons. I get the box to pop up but can’t find how to add them.

I’ve been on here all of a few minutes and already can’t stand it. Seriously? This has to be one of the worst forum tools I have ever seen. This is 2015 not 1998. I hate to be disparaging with my first post but this forum requires major work.

Single click on the emoticon box, :sunglasses: select the emoticon (the name of the emoticon will appear in the reply box, the emoticon will appear in the preview screen to the right) finish message. :relieved:

I’m using an iPad so not sure if that matters. :confounded:

Aww I think I just need to double tap.

:sunglasses:

Sweet, got it figured out.

They don’t have the cheers one though

:beers:

I found this on my iPad emoticons. Seeing if it works.

It’s tiny