Who says Ipa's have to be dryhoped

This all started on a facebook post about how to turn out hoppy (IPA) beers faster. After reading through some of the replies. Most people instantly talked about dryhopping times to cut time to produce a IPA faster. But do IPA’s have to be dryhopped. There is nothing in the style guidelines that say they do (even though us brewers have been doing it for years ) we have adopted this technique as a standard practice when brewing IPA’s. Now can you create big Hoppy or Juicy IPA’s with out dryhopping that are just as amazing as the ones dryhopped. Yes it is possible with techniques like late additions, Hop busting and hop stands.

Would you add whirlpool additions as well?

Yes of course.

I’m kinda nieve… Dry hopping isn’t the catch all…
Sneezles61

The bulk of IPAs at my corner deli aren’t dry-hopped

I am not the Author of the post on facebook. I was just kinda amazed that right now with 59 replies most of them were about dryhopping times to speed it to a finished beer. While i was the only one that posted the techniques of late additions, hop bursting whirlpool and hop stands.

When someone found the “lost barrel” of beer with a whole bunch of hops in it… Drank it and proclaimed it a fabulous brew… The quest began…
Now, fast forward, it’s still a fabulous brew, but there are as many ways to get all the extra hops in there as there are hop varieties…
A standard hop schedule? I doubt it… Yet the qwest continues!
Sneezles61

I appreciate that you know the solid hop base is then platform for an IPA

Me been experimenting. With this. At flame out add. Some hops. Drink a pint. Than. Cool wort. And transfer. So no dry hop. Final product. Comes out nice