When is there too much Rye?

A couple hours scraping, stainless steel wool… And a few choice words to one said brewer…My element is spotless again…I’ll be wary next time I use rye… Maybe just creep up to a boil…
I’ve got this batch kegged… I’m going to try to mask the taste… Was thinking about putting liquid smoke in one keg… Raspberry in the other… Sneezles61

The brew is still with me… I just can’t dump it out… BUT… I got a couple of the ice maker filters… its suppose to eliminate oder too… So I’ve got to try… Its not carbed yet… just cold and waiting… The tricky part will be getting the fitting to go from 1/4" OD tubing to beverage tubing… I’ve got lotsa extra stuff for that beverage end… Maybe have to heat up the water line tubing to stretch over the flared gas fitting barbs? I’ll find out very soon… Oh please work… Sneezles61

I think it’s time to cut your losses

1 Like

Passing the brew through… slow… 18PSI’s… EDIT: am I doing a fake brightening tank? Sneezles61

OK, I did get a sample… no more scorched flavor… I’m 10 gallons ahead now! I should also say some of the character is stripped out… Better than dumping… Sneezles61

1 Like