What's your favorite pilsner in bottles/cans?

Just kinda curious what everyone’s favorite commerical pilsner available in cans or bottles. If you had to pick one pilsner that is your all time favorite, which would it be?

I think my vote would go to Weihenstephaner. I’ve recently been on a pilsner kick and have been sampling any german, czech or american craft brew I can get my hands on but none have come close to this one for me.

I have tasted many fine examples, they’re all over the place, and fairly consistent in flavor profile and quality. These are just a few examples that jump out at me, in no particular order:

Warsteiner Premium Verum is a personal favorite, crisp and floral.

Also love Czechvar/Budvar, very floral.

Sam Adams Noble Pils is pretty awesome, noble hoppiness of course.

New Glarus Edel Pils is excellent – sorry for all ya’ll outside of Wisconsin.

Those are the ones that roll off the top of my head. I’ve had so many really good ones. Lots of great kolsches and Dorts, etc. as well. Above is only so-called “pilsners”.

I don’t drink a lot of pilsners, but I really liked summerfest from Sierra Nevada the few times I’ve had it.

Pilsner urquell for traditional. But I do enjoy Two Roads, Ole Factory for an American hopped pils

Oh yeah, I love that one too!

Victory Prima pils is my favorite, and everything else comes in 2nd.

Radeberger in cans. Then Warsteiner in cans. Then Urquell (not in cans or bottles!)

I only get urquell on tap. Warstiener on tap is good also but I prefer the extra bitterness of urquell. Actually Urquell is the only real pilsner I thought. Everything else is actually Pilsner style. Is this correct.

I believe Urquell is the original brewery that first released the pilsner style. It is not the only pilsner. Just the original.

I’m a big Urquell fan but its my second favorite. Veltin’s plisner is my number one. If you ever see a bottle of it grab it. You won’t be sorry.

I’m with wahoo, victory prima pils.

Prima Pils is yummy but way too big for style. Dang Americans need to settle the heck down with the hops, dere, eh?

[quote=“dmtaylo2”]…Dang Americans need to settle the heck down with the hops, dere, eh?[/quote] Amen, brother!

I disagree, what has brought the American brew industry back is its willingness to be bold. Our micro brewery’s have been willing to take chances push the envelope whether its maltier, choppier, or just different adjuncts the envelope should always be pushed.

Bohemian Pilsner from Lazy Monk Brewing. Available only in Wisconsin thou.

oops I forgot about that one :smiley:

I disagree, what has brought the American brew industry back is its willingness to be bold. Our micro brewery’s have been willing to take chances push the envelope whether its maltier, choppier, or just different adjuncts the envelope should always be pushed.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with being bold but personally, when I open a bottle that says “pilsner” on the label, I want it to taste like a pilsner, not a barleywine or an IPA. While I’m at it, my favorite pilsner of all time is Frydenlund. Only had it when I was in Norway, though, and that was a while back.

I get tired of hop bombs myself but if it keeps craft brewers in the black I’m all for it.

oops I forgot about that one :smiley: [/quote]

When are you make a road trip?
Tribute Brewing and Lazy Monk is waiting for you :slight_smile:

oops I forgot about that one :smiley: [/quote]

When are you make a road trip?
Tribute Brewing and Lazy Monk is waiting for you :slight_smile: [/quote]
Can I get your beers in Door County or Madison? I’ll be up that way next weekend, but won’t make it as far as Eau Claire.