What's in your brew pot

Did the NB La Petite Orange Blanche on Sunday, still have my Apple Hefe slow fermenting away.

Brewed a Golden Czech Lager.

What beers are you serving? The ā€œOn Tapā€ beers from your site?

What beers are you serving? The ā€œOn Tapā€ beers from your site?[/quote]
ā€¦and how do I get an invite??? :lol:

What beers are you serving? The ā€œOn Tapā€ beers from your site?[/quote]
ā€¦and how do I get an invite??? :lol: [/quote]4 of them are on there but i have not made the labels yet. They are Vienna Lager, Pilsner, BBB Pale ale, Two-Herated IPA, stout and Kentucky Cream ale.

The wedding is north of you in Waukegan area LOL.

Bottled two batches and brewed one Monday.

I was at the LHBS picking up some CBC-1 yeast for bottling the NB Barleywine I brewed in January when I noticed a discount cart with bags of various grains that must have been ordered but never picked up. One bag was labeled ā€œ3.33 Lbs Mystery Grainsā€ and indicated they thought it was mostly Munich 10L and some roasted barley. It wasnā€™t crushed yet and was only $1.00 so I picked it up.

I did a partial mash with the grains and added some DME and Organic Blue Agave syrup as well as some spices and a very hot dried pepper (I think it was a Carolina Reaper) to the boil. I transferred the NB Surly Cynic recipe into the bottling bucket and used about 1/3 of the yeast from that for the mystery beer. The gravity sample tasted really good and I could notice the kick from the pepper.

The Surly Cynic was fermented with built up dregs from a few Ommegang Wit bottles and was pretty tasty at bottling. That one was also the first time I ever had a blow-out. Blew the top right off the bucket overnight about 2-3 days after pitching. That yeast is pretty active, lol.

Finally bottled the Barleywine using about half the CBC-1 yeast re-hydrated in the priming sugar solution.

Because Iā€™ve learned to take my time and try to do things separately on days like this, it was kind of a long beer day but worth it.

Time to rejuvenate this thread. Going to start brewing with a vengeance. This weekend 10 gallons of ESB one keg of which I will secondary with Bret. Then probably a wit 5 gallon batch that Iā€™ll bottle condition.

1 Like

I intend to brew tomorrow. Havenā€™t a clue what yetā€¦I have 1272 I could use for an ale and I have a cake of bohemian pils I could rack a helles off ofā€¦enough in both cases for 10 gallons I believe.

Trying to decide what to do this weekend. Iā€™ve got 1272 and 1007 harvestedā€¦ the beer I harvested the 1007 from still stinks like sulfur (Iā€™m giving it more time in a keg to chill out), so Iā€™m not too keen to do something with that. Iā€™ve got some Rakau hops Iā€™ve been wanting to try, so maybe a nice pale. But I am craving a bitter again, tooā€¦ too many options.

Belgian golden strong this weekend.

Cutting woodā€¦ I am waiting for my new basket to show upā€¦ Then its game timeā€¦ I await my Riabock to come of ageā€¦ Sneaking a pint to check! I am not doing any more home projects for a while so I can brew up a storm with this new electric brew systemā€¦ Crank some old rock and hunker down to brewing!! Iā€™ll have to start with new yeastā€¦ Whats a good one beside 001 for an IPA I need to tweak? Then on to some ESB for a delightful Cask condition affairā€¦ Sneezles61

Hoping to get a couple brews this weekend. Have a nice harvested cake of s-189 that I plan to use for a Boston Lager clone and a mild dark lager.

Yep, Iā€™ve been in a bit of a non brewing funk alsoā€¦time to git going!

It totally slipped my mind that itā€™s Easter. A ā€œhoppyā€ beer is in order. With ā€œresurrectedā€ yeast.

3 Likes

And Iā€™m here to ā€œeggā€ you on!

1 Like

Yea, for the krausen is risen. (letā€™s hope, anyway).

1 Like

You two are swilly!! Sneezles61

1 Like