Whats everyone brewing now, ready for summer

I used 30’ of 3/8" OD copper for the wort tubing, and a garden hose for the water jacket. I did, gently, squeeze the copper every 6" and rotated it so every other one was the same way… Convoluting if you will! Put together straight, and by that I don’t mean after many pints! I did find 3/4" copper elbows with 1/2" ports running straight out. Takes a bit, but you can crimp down the 1/2" to surround the 3/8" tubing. The 3/8" extended 12" past the copper fitting. You do the same thing on the other end, BUT, be sure to fit it first, then pull the garden hose as far away from the sweating operation… Then, when cooled I put hose clamps on to keep the hose connected to to 3/4" elbow… I rolled mine up around a keg, use zip ties to keep it together, it could try to become a slinky! Sneezles61

Go look up parallel counter flow chiller, I think time4another1… something like that… Good build up right there! Sneezles61

Check out that bad boy. Son in law made it for me. I think it’s 25’. He has a roller to make those tight turns

3 Likes

I like those copper bands to hold it tight.

I’d buy one of those great job brew cat. That’s truly awesome.

You can roll copper (or SS) around a corny keg for nice tight bends.

Looks good @brew_cat.

That’s 3/4" copper tried wrapping that couldnt get it tight enough.

So just curious, boiling input and output is?.. How long does it take to do 12 gallons (for a 10 gallon batch) ? Sneezles61

Not sure of the question. Are you asking chill time or total brew time ?

Yes, just the chilling time… Some of the peeps reading may be curious as to the time… I saw a faster chill down with the CFC as opposed to IC… I am glad I made the switch… Sneezles61

I’ll let you know tomorrow after I do it. 10 gallon with IM gets me to 70s in about 45 min then I still have to drain another 20min or so. I’m hoping to half that with the CFC. Plus I picked up 20’ of hose so I can drain through my seller window right to my brew room.

Whom have you got riding shot gun? That would be a work out running betwixt the 2 points… I know mine was easily half the time… Sneezles61

More of a fast walk for me. Whoever shows up. I not I’ll enlist my wife

I worked in a powerplant and our sample chillers looked very similar. That is bad mamajamma man!

I’ll bet a sign out front…“free beer” you’ll have help… Sneezles61

I’m not worried I’ve done back to back 10s before. The hard part is trying to do it while making a YouTube video. My daughter lives in CO and they want to see how the chiller works. Funny story. I was visiting and had to bring that home so I stuffed it in my bag. Oh yeah they opened my bags. Good thing that’s all I was bringing back

They didn’t want to do an under carriage search then too?.. :joy: You have a you tube thing going on? I’d like to see that… I sometimes think I could do one too… then the beer buzz wears off… way too techy for my abilities… Sneezles61

No just a pat down. Maybe I’ll make the YouTube public. I’m a little shy you know

1 Like

Please do!

Need to start a new thread keep this one about summer brews. I’m going over to the lounge