Whats everyone brewing now, ready for summer

Just curios as to what we are all brewing now in preparation for summer… I just might be fishing for some new ideas, would be really interested to hear about some of your own extract recepies too. I currently have a “Dead Ringer” and a “Grapefruit Pulpin” in primary so as I move them into secondary I will have an open vessel. I do not have a lagering set-up although I have thought about building a diy setup.

1 Like

Getting the yeast ready for another 5 gallons of NB’s Petite Saison tomorrow. This will be followed by 5 gallons of NB’s American Amber Ale with US-05 and 5 gallons of an Amber Pale Ale. The pale ale is an experiment with the American Amber recipe. Adding some Caramel 40 and DME. Yeast will be harvested WY 1056 which is taking FG’s to 1.006 for some reason for amber ales and IPA’s.

Dead Ringer in primary right now too. Going to be gone for 2 weeks soon so everything will be at a stand still for brewing. Plan on moving the Dead Ringer to secondary right before I leave and then dry hop it when I get back.

Planning on a nice easy drinking Hefe. Hoping to brew it this weekend. I’ve got a cream ale crashing, a APA being DHed, 2 lagers lagering…

That kind of reminds me of the 12 days of Christmas.

3 Likes

Just brewed a cream ale from NB then added 2.5 lbs honey at flame out. Pitched 1056 I harvested.
Bubbling away very nicely.

I have a request for a citra IPA . I told them buy me a pound of citra hops and I’ll brew some up next weekend. As soon as I have room in my lager cooler need to get a Pilsner going.

Gonna brew a gose this weekend thanks to Porkchop’s recipe. Really excited . Just trying to figure out what fruit to use.

Cheers to all,

Ron

I have the ingredients to brew 10 gallons of Czech Pilsner, just need a free day to do it!

Just Bottled a German Pilsner ‘Wannabe’. Wannabe because I used California Lager yeast, instead of more traditional. I can maintain low 60’s easily with my swamp cooler, but holding low 50’s would have been too much work.
My take of the bottling sample was that the appearance and taste is dead on.

Also have 4 different varieties of the ‘Moon’ series(Wayne/Nilo’s Blue moon clone)that are at drinkable stage.
2 days ago I brewed my last batch before taking a summer hiatus- Waldo Lake Amber.
Won’t have to brew again until it starts to cool down in September.

I got two saisons chilling for drinking…an Oktoberfest lagering…a Maibock carbing…my last pale ale is almost gone…two dubbels carbing…an iPa ready for dry hopping…and just brewed a Belgian dark strong this weekend.

1 Like

Sierra nevada rip off in the the keg, brew another cream ale this coming W/E, but, will add basmati rice to the mash after I cook it on the stove. I have challenger hops… Still experimenting until I can git close to what I’m looking for, then I can go and make 10 gallons and have another grain bill in the go to files… Sneezles61

1 Like

I just put a semi sweet mead in the fermenter over the weekend. That will actually be for the fall though. I plan for a SMASH this weekend, and a cream ale in the July 4th week. On a completely different subject, Good to see a Fisk(e) on the board.

Happy brewing bfiske.

J Fisk

1 Like

jimrmaine
“Just Bottled a German Pilsner ‘Wannabe’. Wannabe because I used California Lager yeast, instead of more traditional. I can maintain low 60’s easily with my swamp cooler, but holding low 50’s would have been too much work.
My take of the bottling sample was that the appearance and taste is dead on.”

Whatever you do don’t let those fellas on that little German beer brewing forum hear about what you just did: they will ban you, without any explanation and will ignore your repeated quires as to why.

thanks for all the replies everyone, I am inspired. Both my batches are now in keg. I think I am going to brew a stout kit this weekend. I had a “southern tier” Mokah a couple weeks ago that was amazing. Sooooooo much chocolate flavor in that one. Any ideas on how I should add chocolate flavor to this simple stout kit. Ive used nibbs before with mixed results…maybe Im doing it wrong. I would value your input.

I’ve not tried but, how about mix up nestles chocolate powder and water, then nuke until it over 150*. I think thats the temp most bugs cannot live through, then cool and add to yer preferred tasting… Sneezles61

I’ve had good luck using cacao nibs soaked in vodka for a week, then added after fermentation for a week or two. i think it is about an ounce of nibs to five gallons of beer for a background taste, more if you want it in your face.

Ron

1 Like

I just bottled a Tombstone Ale that I brewed back in May. Next on my list is The Innkeeper.

Brewing NB’s honey kolsch tomorrow, then bottling 5 gal of belgian blond. Hooray beer!

Cheers,

Ron

Just keged a citra IIPA that I’m developing. Next up a lighter summer wheat ale that I made last summer that came out well. Cheers🍻