What's brewing this weekend? Spring recipes? kit hacks?

I’m really anxious to crank out a couple brews, but I need help to do it because I’m not allowed to lift anything heavy right now and my ability to stand and all is limited. I have like 7 brews all ready to go, just need help to make it happen.

I’ll bet we can brainstorm a system for you. Start another thread and we will see if we can come up with something

1 Like

Where about are you? Sneezles61

Sampled a very large SG sample. Poured into a glass it did not seem to have as much aroma as with a 7 day dry hop. I’m going ahead with the bottling. Need to check how it comes out of the bottle in three weeks.

Brewing up a mango/red chile gose right now. (Well, getting the wort ready for souring, anyway.)

Sounds good.

I did the Irish red kit yesterday. Steeped the grains for 20 at around 165° and removed the bag. Brought it up to boiling and added the Willamette hops for 30 then added the Goldings for 15. Turned off the burner and stirred in the 6lbs LME and 2lbs of DME I had left over. Cooled in an ice bath, topped up to 5 gal and pitched third generation Kveik yeast from a starter of Fast Pitch.

No boiling for the extract. We will see how this works out. Starting to rumble this morning.

For an extract with specialty grains kit this method didn’t really save much time. It was more of an experiment to see how it would come out. I’m looking forward to getting back to my regular routine of 20 gallon AG but that won’t be for a couple of months so until then this is fun.

Did a Fat Tire clone yesterday intermingled with basketball with my son. I don’t know that I ever remember being outside in shorts and a T-shirt in the middle of February! :joy: It was a truly beautiful day for brewing!

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Western PA, around Butler/Cranberry area.

Well, I was going to be helpful, I may be a bit too far away… up by Lake Superior, Duluth area… Sneezles61