What’s Brewin’?

Spunding valve? or… tube way deep in water?
Sneezles61

Hef today. Got a NB order showing up today so I’ll get another lager going very soon.

1 Like

BTB- Beer Tasting Beer today. 1.037 OG Hoping this beer is going to reveal any flaws in my brewing process. Does anyone else think making an American Pale Lager a good test?

2 Likes

Yes! To me the true mark of a Brewer is to be able to brew a light crisp beer that doesn’t have any malt or hops to mask any processing flaws!

3 Likes

Brewing a very light brew is challenging… No way to hide short comings… Water seems to be the big obstacle…
We do like challenges… yes? :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

1 Like

I started brewing these as a challenge. Now i enjoy, them. Not all mind you but good ones. i often try one fresh at a brewery

3 Likes

And because they are fickle to get it so tasty… I had to try wrap my head around water… sort of…
Perhaps in a few more years of X-beermenting… I’ll have one I can say “I brewed that”… :slight_smile:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Punkins finally in season! House gonna smell amazing! I love fall brew days. :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Pathetic showing for my Stillers, at least the beer will hopefully turn out good!

Enjoying some Pumking Nitro and Fathead’s Spooky Tooth during brew day, having the rents over for dinner for London Broil, and the weather is just about perfect. :sunglasses:

Rad

4 Likes

Brewing up another version of my Dinklebier. Last of my ales for awhile. Going to start a lager series next

1 Like

Brewed Hazy Donut beer. (With lactose and vanilla )
Yep this was a bit of a challenge I will admit. I used 22 lbs of donuts. A lot of donuts!!! Pale ale oats and Rice hulls. I first mashed my pale ale and Oats and some rice hulls in and allowed it to create a nice bed in bottom of my mash tun. I let the grain rest for about 20 minutes before adding rice hulls and my donuts that i cut into small pieces. I was careful not to disturb the grain bed as i added the rice hull and donuts… The donuts turn into a doughy mess so adding them and rice hulls a top my other mash works well. No stuck mash!!! Then I reticulated my mash for 45 minutes with a pump and keep my mash temperature at 152 degrees through out the conversion process. I don’t normally Fly sparge but this recipe and few others it just seemed like a necessity… I also want the best efficiency that i can get being that the bulk of my fermentable’s are going to be from the donuts and the glaze. I won’t bore every one with my math and calculation of how i determined the amount of starch conversion in a donut and sugar in the glaze into gravity points. Took a few google searches and lot research, but I got it spot on the beer is 6% abv. Fast forward now its keged and carb. First taste I will say that it is unique. The nose is sweet alittle doughy hint of vanilla. Instantly know glazed Donut in the nose of it. Taste was slightly bread up front and sourdough-ish lightly sweet and most important taste like beer. In away reminding me of Kvass a traditional fermented Slavic and Baltic beverage commonly made from rye bread. Just with a Donut twist that really enjoyable. Im few pints in and enjoying it more and more.

4 Likes

Kinda digging this!! Nice!

2 Likes

I brewed a Blonde and a triple a couple weeks ago…kegged the Blonde tonight, bottling the Triple sometime soonish for bottle conditioning and aging for a few months.

Got my Black IPA done yesterday just in time to catch the Stillers. Wasn’t a great game to watch, but that’s just the kind of season it’s gonna be. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: At least the brewday went smoothly!

Rad

2 Likes

Brewday today for Big Sur v2. Just added 0.5 ounces of Columbus for FWH. Rush Signals on the Bose.

2 Likes

Brewing an an IPA with Pilsner and Munich malt. Using what i have. Same with hops Willamette and Cascade. Using Magnum to bitter. It’ll be beer

2 Likes

Brewed an Ofest yesterday. Propane ran out and had to finish the boil in the kitchen. Wife wasn’t too happy about the lingering aromas of success!

2 Likes

Transferred Pumpkin and Black IPA to keg yesterday, should be drinkable by next weekend. Next up will be Great Lakes Christmas Ale clone and Denny’s BVIP. Prolly next weekend or the weekend after.

Rad

Currently I have a Caribou Slobber (very first beer) waiting to be bottled. Last two hydrometer readings were within one point of each other.

My next beer will probably be the same, but I’m thinking of adding blackberries.

In my closet, I have a couple of meads and a cider going too.

3 Likes

Today a. Pilsner. Just collected the water. Did mill the grains. Last night. Normally do collect the water evening before. But my friends came over. For some beers. Did like it. His wife has a bbq food truck. She did bring. Ribs. Burgers. Properly start after 8 today.

2 Likes