What’s Brewin’?

Just mashed in my Mosaic Promise clone. Filling up the pipeline!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Lager update: Gravity is 1.005. Just finished a 4 day D-rest at 60F. Kegged it and hit it with 45 psi to seat the lid. It is resting comfortably at 35F in my mini-fri…, errr… lagering chamber. :sunglasses: Tasted the gravity sample and it’s purty yummy . :yum:

2 Likes

I personally like S-23 as a multi-purpose yeast, I’ve used it in a Pre Pro lager, Cream ale, and even a pils. It has its own flavor characteristics, you either like it or you don’t. I do.

Im doing the mash right now for my house IPA. Not decocting this one but i may try decoration on my next NEIPA

Decocting a NEIPA. That’s intersecting! And certainly not traditional!

I read about it somewhere. I add the calcium chloride to check the bitterness maybe the melenoiden does so as well. Let me look for the article

Hey, fall is coming soon… Any O-fest styles in the near future? I’ve a nephew getting married about O-fest celebrating time… If it would only cool down more so I can brew…
Sneezles61

Yesterday. Did a heffeweisen. Did try. Lutra kveik yeast. This time. Just check the brew area. My heffe happy busy. Bubbeling

1 Like

Blackbeered Black IPA 2.0. Cascade and Simcoe hops. Kind f an exbeeriment. Looking to brew the Saison and the lager tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hoppy Pumpkin Amber Ale.
Decided to experiment a little and do a non-traditional Pumpkin beer. Wanted to keep it simple. 12.5 gallon batch
83.2% Special Pale malt
6.4% Munich 10L
3.2% Special B
2.5 lbs Organic pure Pumpkin (non-spiced)
2lbs Light Brown Sugar.
Hoped Columbus, Amarillo and Zythos

2 Likes

Saison has about 5 minutes left in the boil. Grist for my DIPA (edit: Actually uploaded the picture! :man_facepalming:)

3 Likes

Pale ale just finishing in the fermenters. Next up will be another choc coffee porter for the winter months and prob a batch of Festivus miracle ale for the holidays. I was thinking about a Guinness clone but then could not figure out if I needed to pour it with nitro gas. Not really in the mood to gear up for that for one batch.

1 Like

Looks good. Timely post…I’ve been thinking about brewing a pumpkin ale this fall…It’s been a few years. The best advice I got on brewing this style was to brew a really good amber ale, add fresh pumpkin and use a light hand on the spices.

Im not doing spice on that one. I got a spiced Pumpkin Tripel aging in A Rum barrel for later this fall. I used Fresh Ginger, whole Nutmeg and instead of Cinnamon i used Cassia bark. (Cousin of Cinnamon) its a little more spicy and peppery.

1 Like

Vienna Lager using Lutra yeast. My first time using this yeast.

12 oz Caramel 60
3 lbs Munich Light Malt
3 5 lbs Vienna Malt
1oz Tettang 60 min
1 oz Tettnang 5 min

1 Like

Sparge water that I pour over the BIAB with this metal teapot.

2 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

Me did mill yesterday after 5. Gonna brew a heffenweisen today. Yes actually. Day of. Due to my group of divers. Got to do the. Covid test. No diving for them today.

1 Like

Brewed a cream ale today. New water profile, a protien rest with a double decoction. Also using the fermzilla under pressure for the first time. Always playing :grinning:

1 Like