What’s Brewin’?

Day light savings time…
Finally finishing up a ceiling near my brew room, I looked at the clock… “wow, I got alot done”!.. The my wife said I should move it ahead… I put my toys away…
I’ll dream of brewing for a few more days… Once the mess is cleaned… I plan on making up for lost time…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

I woke up at the usual time gut fell back asleep and was amazed to wake up at 10:20, never thought about the change at all. Then we ran a couple errands, came back and painted the wife’s office. I couldn’t believe how late it was when we started making dinner.

3 Likes

Man I love to see a nice kraeusen!
Was a little concerned because I didn’t rehydrate and didn’t oxygenate…which the pundits now say is the proper approach to using dry yeast…But even so, it still made me nervous. But, all appears well!

Hefeweizen with Danstar Munich Classic Wheat Beer yeast at 24 hours.

4 Likes

I have this Saison that won’t quit fermenting. I was going to bottle it this weekend at what I thought was a FG of .997 but then it dropped to .996.

1 Like

Bottle it!

2 Likes

Wife’s Saison Buffon today. Halfway through the protein rest. Got all the extra special stuff lined up: organic cane sugar, coriander, blood orange and grapefruit zest, and grains of paradise. Ready to rock!

2 Likes

Do you brew a lot of Saisons? It’s one of my favorite styles and yeast profiles.

Just this one. Seems to go pretty fast around here so I have to keep it in the pipeline. This one is fun with all the adjuncts.

1 Like

If you were close I’d give you a few different Saison strains to try. The ones from The Yeast Bay are a lot of fun.

Saison Blend II has made some incredible brews for me.

I have already received direction NOT to experiment with the wife’s beer. LOL I do want to mess around in the style though so if you’ve got one in mind, please let me know.

1 Like

Hahaha yeah don’t want to mess with a sure thing. DO you add any wheat to that recipe?

Yeah there’s a pound of white wheat.

Im really going crazy haven’t brewed in a few weeks. Have some stuff weighed out but in the middle of some projects. Brew day relaxes me, hopefully next week. No definitely next week

Sad to be without a great brew day… Get the brewing back into the head… all the fun possibilities… Oh dear…
I hope my schedule ease’s up by this W/E… I’d at least like to X-beerment with my water thoughts in small quantities… see how/if it will change…
Start building up the yeast for a series of Ales…
Sneezles61

My last brew day notes say 1/26… I’m such a loser… Gonna get down right chilly here in a couple days… maybe…
Sneezles61

You haven’t brewed since January? Man i don’t feel so bad now except maybe for you. I gonna get at it this week

Gotta get back into it! I for one am loving my new electrical system. Soooo nice not having to stand out in the cold hugging a MT to stay warm and no more frozen hoses! I might need another adult to move in so I don’t go over my ‘allotted’ amount as set by the govt!

3 Likes

I… I… :sleepy:… I can’t take it… God willin’…Wednesday… So much barley… hops… Yeastie boys…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Soon! I have a nice order coming from our host. Will get my inventory to the spot I need it to be to get the pipeline rolling. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I sorry to say this winter I have been ignoring brewing. I usually do a couple of extracts while at our condo but I hate the electric stove and really don’t have space for a burner. To keep a little creative I have been making (terrible) wine from grocery store juice and have a cider going now.

Looking forward to heading north to our house and my big brewery. Our second Moderna shots are about 10 days out plus 10 more waiting to see if anything bad happens. So it won’t be until late April/early May before that happens. That’s OK I guess since I still see “frozen mix” in the forecast.

Can’t say I miss the days of hiding in the corner of the garage with a little electric heater and propping up a piece of plywood to keep the wind from blowing out the pilot on the HLT burner.