What’s Brewin’?

These days I’m more like Gene Autry than Steven Tyler…LOL

1 Like

That album was on my playlist this morning…such a great album. Gene Autry rocks (sorta) too.

1 Like

You’ll get a whisker bit more color… Nice!
Welcome back!! I wonder… the last time you brewed, was posted on yer page?
Isn’t there some fancy barley/Malting company out on the East side that may be worth checking into? Maybe…
Sneezles61

I’ve thought about other sources for grain but for the pilsner I really like bestmalz and it’s not terribly expensive. I have considered looking for something more locally sourced in the way of 2 row but haven’t put any effort into it and I have a brand new unopened sack of 2 row. The grainy one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You’ll be interested to note that my technology did not improve my brew session today. Since I last used BeerSmith3 I upgraded my Mac operating system. Little did I know there were issues. Luckily I had a work around for the problems I encountered and didn’t lose the important notes from todays brew session. I found out later there’s a new beta version of BS3 that fixes the bugs for Mac Big Sur OS. So all is well again.

1 Like

I can not get stuff to open on my Mac, so I read and try my best to hit the broad side of the barn… I guess, I don’t have much going on any more… hang at home… and brew… Did I say today is brew day?
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Brewing today. Uncle Tony’s Lager. Its my pre pro except with 2-row instead of 6 so i guess its not a pre pro. Still using flaked maize though

Also weighed out a bunch of kits

Got to get going with my stock

2 Likes

Do you crush them?
Sneezles61

Oh no i crush on brew day

Its one step saved and also narrows down what to brew next. Keeps me on task just start my electric pots for mash water then crush and go

3 Likes

:laughing:Ain’t retirement grand?! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Wait how many old farts on this forum

Here!:older_man:

Dont flatter yer-self… :sleeping:
Sneezles61

What are the age requirements for the old farts club…I’m not “officially” retired but the virus pretty much ended my part time real estate work so I’m embracing it. I’ll be 63 in March.

you are older than me Danny… What style do we brew for your birthday?
Sneezles61

Still working. Maybe in 2024 or so…

Making a starter for a Bock today.
10lb Weyermann Barke Munich Malt
2.5 lb German Vienna
0.25 lb Midnight Wheat

34/70 yeast

.33 magnum boil 60
1 oz Hallertau Mittelfrueh 10 min

1 Like

Trying to make a goal of retiring, finding my replacement to run the business, and doing something else for fun when I hit 60, but that will be a challenge. This past year stress has turned my beard more than 3/4 white so maybe I can qualify as an old fart. :joy: My buddy is a 10% owner in a brewery over in Lancaster and he sent me a kit of their Goin Broke IPA to try, so I am planning to brew that Sunday in the snow. :innocent: Hefeweizen the weekend after that, getting ready for spring beers!

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

If the grey beard puts you in the club I’ve been there for a while…my eldest son was diagnosed with cancer 24 years ago. In about a months time I got a big white streak from right below my nose down through my mustache and beard. My wife said it looked like a lightning bolt…it proceeded to get wider of course. Now the chin whiskers are all white. My son had a large tumor removed and has been cancer free since but that was also when I was diagnosed with hypertension. Stress has a profound physical impact on your body.

4 Likes