What’s Brewin’?

Haha yeah. They did love the brewing part. And done brewing. A few beers. But hey you not done yet. Time to clean. And mop the floor. And clean brewing area. Mmmn. Lots of work they did say

2 Likes

Today I’m brewing My Skin is Black a Belgian-style Dubble.
“We’ll be donating 15% of the proceeds of every sale of this recipe to the NYC Brewers Guild farm-brewery internship program, which aims to allow paid brewery education and experience to people of color who are passionate about both craft beer and career opportunities in the industry.”

4 Likes

Red Rye CasCoRillo - Rye beer with a healthy dose of Melanoidin hopped with Cascade, Simcoe, and Amarillo.

Update- I dumped this on an 001 yeast cake in a fermenter I drained the day before. I expected to find it cranking this AM. Not so. Very odd.

3 Likes

It’s been a long time since I made a RyePA. I need to revisit that beer.

Just finished the protein rest for the wife’s saison and taking the mash to 156. Have the grist for a Mosaic promise clone waiting on deck. Going to be a nice day!

2 Likes

Dragging my feet … BUT on another note, I’ll pick up a sack of Vienna malt…
Sneezles61

X-B 2 in the boil now… Post mash gravity was higher than X-B 1…
Sneezles61

I used the Verdant Ale yeast

Can you explain why using 2 different extracts?
Sneezles61

Oh I took the wrong picture. I did the whole grain version BUT to answer your extract question one of those is L and one is D. In the extract version one starts with the DME and then 30 minutes in adds the remaining 3.3 of LME.
The two stage is easier to avoid browning. And as we all know DME dumplings are annoying so late stage LME is easier

1 Like

I knew this… I’m curious why not just type… All D or L… is what I meant… :grin:
Sneezles61

Lol.

I finally finished up a bag of DME that had petrified into rock from one of the hurricanes when it was likely 90 plus in the house. Fresh bag now, any ideas on how best to store it? Refrigerator? Freezer? Buried in the backyard?

Mine lives in a plastic Tupperware container, in the fridge… Ive not tried it… but what would those packets you get with stuff… in beef jerky… Silicone something… I believe its a dehumidifier thingy…
Sneezles61

1 Like

I’m into simple. There should be ton of these floating around your neck of the woods @voodoo_donut.

1 Like

I just keep it in a zip loc bag in the brew cave. Never had an issue but it’s conditioned space and not FL humidity.

1 Like

Bottled up my New England Cider. Bottle conditioning. Also put some in wine bottles for people who prefer still. It’s 9.5% ABV probably should have done it all still. I like it cold and fizzy in the summer but this is way to strong. More of a sipper by the fire. Guess I can let it flatten out in the glass. It’s really good doesn’t taste of the alcohol so it will be sneaky. I added two 16oz cans of frozen concentrate to get it up there. My buddy ads more brown sugar than I do mine is less dry

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to hold the bubbles very long… but the acid left behind from the CO2 is somewhat noticeable…
Kegging my XB-2 Wed… I’ll get a Vienna into brewery next week…
I did order some stuff from our host… After the first iteration of Vienna is in the keg, I’ll do a very dark red Irish whatchamacallit …ale… I’ll use a heavy handed amount of C-180!
Sneezles61

SNSYS with 34/70 this morning, then Ohio State football at noon, with the Desperado Mexican lager brew day tomorrow. Moved this ahead of the Vienna lager because the girls really liked it.
Cool here in the brewery again, going to have to heat up the starter with the Christmas lights again, LOL. Listening to John Lennon walls and bridges album this morning.

3 Likes

Just hit boil on Lakefront Bridge burner clone, sadly snow beginning to melt, but still a great day for brewing! I’ll do my annual Nugget Nectar clone to go with this sometime between Christmas and New Years.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Going back basics after getting stout overload. Sierra Nevada pale ale clone. Just a nice go to brew.

1 Like