What’s Brewin’?

That’s a curious way to log the brew event!!
I figure out my grainbill ahead of brew day… Then as I add the ingredients, I write it down…
I don’t know if it calls for another topic, but that could be one to visit…
Sneezles61

I’ve been using the same brew day sheet since my 2nd or third all grain brew years ago. It looks like primitive hieroglyphics but keeps things straight and reduces the “oh $hit, I forgot _____” factor…

4 Likes

I use Brewsmith now v3 for this because sometimes I can’t read my own handwriting. :joy:

When I started out I had a similar checklist. You probably have a binder full of them as your archive right?

1 Like

Yup. Absolutely. My recipes are on Brewers Friend But the sheets help with the process primarily.

Like a mad scientist

2 Likes

Me. Old school. Me create. My recipy In a beer log book. Right side. My recipy. Left side. Take notes. And. But after creating. Check my self. With brewsmith. Or. Brewers friend.

Been a while since I’ve been on here, brewing the Black Is Beautiful recipe today. Sitting on it for a few weeks but have been super busy.

2 Likes

Good to hear from you again!!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Thanks @sneezles61 finally back to work after 4 months off. Kind of tough getting back in the groove especially with new job and hours. Now to get my brew schedule back in line…

6 Likes

Black IPA brewday while watching the Stillers destroy the Brownies. :smiling_imp:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Welcome back Brewman I’m sorry when people leave the forum but glad when they come back

Brewed a wild hop APA today. Put it into Beersmith as Cluster. 40 IBU, 4.4% and pretty pale.

4 Likes

I had plans to brew this morning but my starter did not perform to my satisfaction. Pulled some slurry out of the fridge from march 2020. The little guys are just not perking up for me. I’ll grab a new pack today and make a starter tonight.

Just getting ready to mash in the Saison Buffoon and plan to follow it up with a big batch of IPA.

5 Likes

Well since it is so warm this weekend, it would be criminal for me not to get the gear outside and brew something. So I think a batch of the N.B. Festivus Mirakl Ale will be the batch. This one will be targeted towards bottling up and given to some of my faithful beer fans around the holidays. I get to try out the new Hellfire burner for this one. Looking at it makes me think i will need a propane tanker sitting in the driveway… definitely looking forward to going all-electric in the near future.

Need to add coffee to my chocolate coffee porter this week and that will be about ready to Tap. I never brewed a porter so this one will be interesting at least.

I have all the ingredients for another Oktoberfest lager so maybe I will do that one next and it can sit and lager for a while just due to a full kegerator at this point. It will be the first time ever I “could “ be successful in taking the recommended time for lagering.

1 Like

T in B, it’s really worth the effort to leave it alone… Although… Pull a pint every other week to … “Clear” it up a bit more…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Had to take an unplanned break midday but got back at it about 3:00. Brewed 10 gallons, as it turned out, of an exbeerimental APA. Hope it’s good…

1 Like

Welcome back

Me getting ready. To supervise. A brew session. Today. My grand son did mill the grains. Collect the water. And prep total. Brew products

3 Likes

You can play head brewer and watch! Make him do the clean up too! haha

1 Like