What’s Brewin’?

She learned from her past experiences and when she asked to help put things in the pot, she bunched up the front of her dress in her other hand and stood back from the burner. No more of those accidents! All in all, I would call the weather this weekend as close to perfect as you can get. I’ve got a Sierra Nevada Pale ale clone for next weekend then it will be pumpkin brew time!

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Halloween is just around the corner. As everyone knows I brew some crazy stuff sometimes. I might of out did my self with this one. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Is that coffee and maggots?!

Looks like mealworms I think?

Rad

1 Like

Its Red rice and Roasted Black soldier fly Larvae. Their made to snack on. Yes made for human consumption

1 Like

Yup their maggots

1 Like

Would you guys be will to try it. Garnished with or without the worm

1 Like

:astonished:
Sneezles61

I would. Definitely wouldn’t be the first worm I’ve consumed.

1 Like

Nose is a bit fruity. Nice bitter on the front end with a smooth middle and a bite as it goes down the hatch. Rye flavor persists throughout. I am a little disappointed with it looking cloudy. Next time I won’t use flaked rye. Definitely a hot day beer, very crisp.

3 Likes

Looks like a juicy northeaster …not your goal?

Nope. I wasn’t thinking when I put it together. Next time rye grain.

1 Like

Today brew session. A dortmunder. Alt. Pilsner.

2 Likes

Finished beer Does it look a little more inviting.

1 Like

I’ll try anything once. :innocent:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone day here today, nice and simple, no worms. :joy:

Rad

1 Like

From about an inch above the table top and up… Yes!!!
Sneezles61

4 Likes

So I harvested my two plants yesterday. I have one centennial and one chinook, but I don’t remember which was which cause I planted them four years ago. :joy: I tossed some of the better smelling bucket into the whirlpool for the helluvit. Nothing like a non-scientific or repeatable recipe modification. For Science!!

Rad

5 Likes

Just went into the brewing area. Baby is busy fermenting. Do love. It from creating a recipy. To the final product. If everything comes together and works out on brewing day

2 Likes

Bock is on my mind now… I would like to brew in the next week…
I’m curious, have any of you tried a decoction mash? I really am leaning that way… Because I’ve not tried it… so I wouldn’t know if indeed it is beneficial…
need some input… talk me off a limb?
Sneezles61

Next on the ”to brew list” is a stout, and i’m thinking about using smoked malt for this one. Has anyone tried smoked malt in a stout, and if so, in what proportions? I love Aecht Schlenkerla, but i’ve yet to dabble with smoked malt.