What’s Brewin’?

I’ve Done a kölsch style beer before and the Apple taste really came through. That’s why i want to try something different this time. Well i have 24h to decide what to do, i’m pretty sure it’ll taste like beer in the end🍺

2 Likes

Me saturday. A. Galaxy single hop. Me did brew this one before. 2 months ago. It came out so good. And tasted awesome. So me gonna brew it again.

Gotcha! Sounds…different. Not something I’m gong looking for I don’t believe. Can’t say I can think of something that would appeal to me with apple tasting hops…maybe a light pale ale novelty beer with apple jacks cereal?

This is a experimental batch of some running using one nontraditional ingredient for color. The base recipe is a pilsner and the other ingrredient is a secret for now.

2 Likes

OH my… A guess our best game!!! Blueberry tea!!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Careful. Damian the mad professor will have you drinking the koolaid! haha

3 Likes

Nope. I will say its not beets or hibiscus or food coloring or kool-aid Once i get done running my experiments i will tell everyone. Got to make sure it works works and holds the color when finished

3 Likes

I meant to tag you for suggestions to @Chefen69 on his apple tasting hops in my previous post.

1 Like

Some hops do produce a apple/pear flavor that can be really nice in certain beer styles. In IPA could be considered a off flavor. Red apple is kinda a new one for me. Most the time Farnesene oil that is usually less than 1% in most hops is responsible for these kind of flavors. Its fade really fast as First Wort and bittering additions. Late hop additions it stays around a little longer but will fade quickly

2 Likes

Kegging my Oktoberfest today, not a lot of time to lager before the traditional start to Oktoberfest but it’s pretty clear already in the fermenter.

5 Likes

Nice! Mine has been lagering since April. Cannot wait!

3 Likes

Big Mo Mosaic DIPA. 10% lovely…

Rye MO Zacca. 48 IBUs, 4.7%. Using flaked rye at about 19%. Maybe I should name it Flirtin’ With Disaster. :sunglasses:

Update: No issues with the high rye content. Brew house smelled fantastic! Wort had nice flavor. Pitched Kviek at about 85F.

Update#2: This stuff went nuts and the smell welled up out of the mancave into the upstairs and not in a bad way. It’s slowing down but not done yet. Hope it hurries up because I really want a sample. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Me no brewing next 3 weeks i think. Did place. Grain order. Should be on the way to miami. Extra pale ale. 2 row. Pilsner. 55 lbs. Bags. This time. Did order. Viking malt. And. Maris otter 55 lbs. And 10 lbs. Caramel malt. Some. Pdw. And starsan. Me use this time different. Shipping agent. True the store of my daughter. Good part dont have to pay shipping. Only. Custom costs

Did you ever try that Polaris Hops?

No when i did place a hop order. The polaris hops where out of stock. At more beer. Now its sort of on back order. Told them not to ship. But put it on the next. Hops order.

Kegged the Rye Mo Zacca yesterday after14 days in the fermenter. My first time using Kviek. Harvested 2 containers of slurry. It fermented out a bit further than I anticipated, 1.002. Guess I got a little more bang for my buck. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Now for the tasting notes…
Sneezles61

Lakefront Fixed Gear clone with my brew helper. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Those are some amazing eyes