What’s Brewin’?

You bet!

Brewing my classic Noti Brown Ale right now

2 Likes

Hey Denny you doing any podcasts on quarantine brewing?

Not specifically…it’s really just brewing, isn’t it? I don’t like to dwell on this stuff. We get enough of that.

2 Likes

Yeah I suppose unless we have to start brewing with oatmeal and krustez pancake mix which I have at home

Actually I’m running low on flour so that krustez is probably heading into a sourdough. I’ve already collected barley flour from my crush and I’ve used some in the last bread.

Doing 10 gallons of Munich lager today. Maxed out my mash tun and brew kettle. My burner had just enough a$$ to get the boil going after an hour. Thinking it’s time for some upgrades!

4 Likes

Almost forgot, have to show off my new high tech, low pro airlock system. Had to sacrifice my old auto siphon but it’s for a worthy cause!

1 Like

Well done on the blue cooler, that gets you at least 10 extra gravity points from your brew compared to a red or yellow cooler. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Wow, yeah that’s about as close to maxed out as you can get! Nice job on the airlock, another simple solution for that is rather than the airlock at the end of the hose, just submerge the hose in a bucket of water, if you’re worried about sanitation, you can use starsan or something similar in the bucket, but I just use a firehouse subs pickle bucket filled with water for my blowoff bucket.

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

That was my original plan, run that hose to a growler full of starsan. Unfortunately my fermentation chamber ended up being as maxed out as my mash tun and brew kettle with 2 buckets in it, so I had to bust out the duct tape and implement a little redneck engineering.

4 Likes

My Brett fermented Grisette went from 1.06 to 1.006 in 5 days! I’m going to dry hop this with hibiscus. Hibiscus tang really compliments brett acidity and funk IMO.

1 Like

Bottled up some stuff off my kegs yesterday today designed a Isolation P.A 4.0 and a SOS style and weighed out the grains for both. Tomorrow keg the 3.0 then brew the 4.0 and dump it on the cake

2 Likes

I’ve been lazy and beer is getting low. Been drinking some local craft beers. They’re good but expensive. I’m about to dive into the old broken freezer and clean up all the hops, see what i have left. Maybe brew Wednesday if I have some salvage-able hops.

Depending on much hops you have you could do an octuple hopped hazy…

1 Like

We did a 10 gallon batch of this yesterday. Used US-05 in one 5 gallon batch and WLP001 in the other. We’re also planning on dry hopping it two different ways just for giggles.

4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 41.4 %
3 lbs Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 2 31.0 %
1 lbs Melanoiden Malt (20.0 SRM) Grain 3 10.3 %
8.0 oz Acid Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 4 5.2 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM) Grain 5 5.2 %
6.6 oz Wheat, Torrified (1.7 SRM) Grain 6 4.3 %
4.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 7 2.6 %
0.50 oz Michigan Copper [6.76 %] - First Wort 60.0 min Hop 8 12.6 IBUs
0.50 oz Michigan Copper [6.76 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 9 8.8 IBUs
1.25 oz Michigan Copper [6.76 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 10 14.2 IBUs
1.25 oz Michigan Copper [6.76 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 11 5.7 IBUs
1.25 oz Michigan Copper [6.76 %] - Steep/Whirlpool 5.0 min Hop 12 2.8 IBUs

Ingredients arrived yesterday from NB and today is brew day, the All Together recipe put forth by Other Half Brewing in Brooklyn NY. Doing a 10 gallon batch as it looks like a nice and tasty crusher. I have some family and friends deeply affected by the Covid-19 virus and I will give a bunch of this away as a “thank you” for what they’re going through each and every day to help all of us rid this nasty bug. #alltogether

2 Likes

Brewing 347gal of gose today. Well at least starting 347gals of gose today. :joy:

2 Likes

I wanted to ask, how big is the start compared to packaged quantities… But then, you simplified it… Whew…
Sneezles61

I was gonna ask how long that would take to brew. . .

:beers:
Rad

Who’s brewing tomorrow?