What’s Brewin’?

Nice idea. Last year I brewed resilience and compared it to the product breweries were making. I’ll look at this recipe see if I have the ingredients

Perfect example same recipe for the West coast or the New England. Just different yeasts and IBU level

1 Like

great idea. I work walking distance from Other Half. It’s nice to see them describe their water treatments since we share the same water.

2 Likes

I wanted to but never got the chance to brew the resilience last year. I’ll at least brew the New England version of this but would be awesome to have both east and west coast. Name them Biggie and Tupac :joy:

3 Likes

Being that close to OH would be so dangerous for me, they’re my 2nd favorite brewery behind Tree House. Seem like a great bunch of guys running that place, too!

Looks interesting. I think I have some flaked oats around somewhere…My wife will have a fit if I raid the oatmeal stash since it’s gotten hard to come by since the quarantine began and we eat it every day. Maybe I’ll throw some flaked wheat in. I’ll likely use 1056 since that’s what I have on hand.

I brewed the resilience as well. Don’t recall being wowed by it but it was just cascade and centennial I think, which could make it pretty much any random PA/IPA.

I wanted to try these (new to me) dry yeast strains. While I was at it i’ll try some of this other stuff too.

1 Like

Odd that West coast is so much less expensive than East coast. Also these hops are deep discounted… meaning they are not desirable. However bot are high AA so as a boil I guess it won’t matter. Has anyone here used Newport or Polaris?

I love BRY97! So much better than US05!

1 Like

Used Newport as a finishing hop years ago, but don’t recall much about it.

1 Like

Anybody else in on this:

1 Like

Pretty sure I am. That Saturday is my Homebrewversary, been at it for 8 years now!

2 Likes

I signed on to brew. You don’t need to be a member to sign up

Looks like a great time! I’ll brew then too!!
Sneezles61

I’m building up some old TYB261

BRETTANOMYCES BRUXELLENSIS - STRAIN TYB261

Isolated from a unique mixed fermentation beer produced in the Midwestern United States, this Brettanomyces bruxellensis isolate exhibits a mild tartness and soft funk with a solid backbone of tropical fruit esters (papaya, guava, pineapple, guinep). This strain will produce a massive, thick krausen.
Temperature: 72-82 °F (22-28 °C) || Attenuation: 80%-82%
Flocculation: Medium-Low || Alcohol Tolerance: High

I’m going to make a tart Grisette in anticipation of a hot summer.

I’m going to try to make this with just what is on hand.

I just signed up and ordered ingredients, hopefully 2 weeks will be enough time to get them here. Thanks for the idea @WMNoob I hadn’t heard about this!

:beers:
Rad

Good idea… Better pull out my Pine-Tuckey common recipe… Thanx Rad!:beers:
Sneezles61

Interestingly enough, I got the grain from our hosts for the Pangea Proxima Polar IPA (although they didn’t have the hops or the yeast so I went elsewhere for them), and I went searching around for another kit to order to have on hand for another weekend, I’d say 75-80% of their AG kits are listed as out of stock. I hope for our hosts sake this means that they are experiencing a lot of demand from people having extra time on their hands! I’d also imagine things are taking longer than normal to restock and they are probably trying to keep people safe and may be running a reduced staff. I’ll continue to do what I can to support them as I can.

:beers:
Rad

I have enough for About 40 more gallons using different combinations of grains on hand. Kind of low on cc malt but I can drop the percentage. Yeast I’m limited since I haven’t restocked. I’m jus going to brew with what I have. This is a good exercise for me. I’ll know what to have on hand for the next lockdown