What’s Brewin’?

Been having that issue. The older i get. Talk to my self. And answer

6 Likes

@radagast any chance your going to Juicy Brews Saturday? We’re coming out Friday for a mini beercation.

I wasn’t even aware of the event! I must be living under a rock! I’ll have to put that on my calendar for next year. Unfortunately I’m missing the Pittsburgh BeerFest due to a ski weekend, and this Saturday is a double date birthday dinner with friends, so I will be missing this one as well. It’s been far too long since I’ve made it to a local festival. :pensive:

:beers:
Rad

I typically don’t do festivals anymore but these ones in Pittsburgh can’t be beat. Beers of the Burgh is June 6 at the Carrie Furnace site, tickets go on sale today for that. Check out this lineup for Saturday:
450 North Brewing
Allagash Brewing
Barrel Culture Brewing and Blending
Black Project Spontaneous & Wild Ales
Cerebral Brewing
Cinderlands Beer Co.
Dancing Gnome Brewery
DankHouse Brewing
Double Nickel Brewing Company
Eleventh Hour Brewing
Ever Grain Brewing
Four Fires Mead
Four Points Brewing
Good Word Brewing & Public House
Grist House Craft Brewery
Hitchhiker Brewing Co.
Humble Sea Brewing Co.
Ingenious Brewing Company
KCBC
Lawson’s Finest Liquids
Levante Brewing
Magic City Brewing Company
Mast Landing Brewing Company
New Park Brewing
Obercreek Brewing Company
Primitive Beer
Red Clover Ale Co.
Resident Culture Brewing Co.
Shacksbury Cider
ShuBrew
Superstition Meadery
Tampa Bay Brewing Company
The Alchemist
The Answer Brewpub
The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery
Thin Man Brewing
Trillium Brewing Company
Tröegs Independent Brewing
Voodoo Brewing
Wander Brewing
Weathered Souls Brewing Co.
Yesfolk Tonics
Wolf’s Ridge Brewing Company

1 Like

I doubt there’s that many breweries up here… I meant down here… Way down south… :nerd_face:
Sneezles61

Well, I took out the yeast last night… shook the living bejesus into them… doesn’t look like anything happened… Huh… It used to work, wonder what went wrong?
Today is going to be a small brew… Need to build up lager yeast for the next series of brews… Yeah, I know I’m way behind…
Sneezles61
Edit: OG at 1.045… Little brew…

2 Likes

Me too…I usually brew my marzen in mid February but it’s for sure gonna be a marzen this year cuz Feb is almost gone and I’ll spend all next week repainting my basement and finished a bathroom remodel.

Hopefully I’ll get my ’ I’ll be Bock’ , a Maibock kegged and then drop my doppelbock on the cake. After that a couple more pale lagers in late February and March

1 Like

I’m doing mine the other way… Doppel bock is next… Then Miabock… I’ll use rye again… BUT I’ll watch the temp… I’ve read the sugars from rye sugars burn at a lower temp…
Sneezles61

Kriek 3 monks aged about to bottle. Imperial Stout bottled and trying not to drink it all. IIPA in secondary. Saison in primary.

I love dropping a brew on a fresh cake. 0 lag time

2 Likes

NB sent me somebody else’s order so I’ll have to run to LHBS if I want to brew as planned today. What a kick in the nads!?! Anybody missing the Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy kit?

1 Like

Did you have to feed and house the 3 monks while they aged your kriek? Didn’t they wake you up every night with those 3am vespers? :joy:

1 Like

Took a day off for a birthday brewday. Pseudo Sue clone with a massive amount of Citra on an absolutely beautiful day outside for brewing! Living in Pittsburgh, I’m not quite sure what that bright yellow ball in a blue sky is. Zero Sunny Days January It’s clearly been a while since we’ve seen it here. :joy:

Here’s my recipe for this version:

90 Min boil 6 gallon batch

Mash @ 154 (finished up at 153 but I’m gonna run with it rather than fiddle over 1 degree)

6 lbs pale 2 row
6.75 Marris Otter
8 oz Flaked Barley
4 oz Honey malt

.25 warrior FWH
3 oz Citra flameout 20 min hopstand
3 oz Citra 20 min hopstand at 180 deg
3 oz Citra dry hop 5 days into fermation free in carboy until complete
3 oz Citra dry hop 3 days bagged in keg for duration

Using WLP007 this year

Rad

1 Like

I hear @sneezles61 is short one shandy kit, just sayin’.

I also hear that @sneezles61loves his shandy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: found a new use for my ski poles in a winter I’ve only gotten to use them once …

Helps keep the output line on the pump straighter! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rad

2 Likes

I beg to differ… :wink: My malts just shipped…
Sneezles61

1 Like

I used my own homegrown hops for the first time in an ipa. I used a bit more than necessary just in case they arent up to par. Used a little over an ounce of my magnum for bittering and then I have some centennial and comet for dry hopping. I used some strata, sabro, and amarillo for the 5 and 1 minute additions.

1 Like

We will be awaiting a review…
Sneezles61

Yeh for sure. More excited about the strata and sabro really. The sabro smell so incredibly fruity. This is a mixed bag brew. Just remembered I added some lemon drop, mt hood and cascade I had lying around at 10 mins left in the boil as well. Trying to use up my older hops to make room. I’m just hoping its drinkable