What’s Brewin’?

How much flaked corn are you using?

7 lbs 6 row, 1 lb flaked maize, .5 lb munich. Crazy hot break on this and lots of break material left in the kettle. I guess that’s the 6 row. Pitched it to a cake of Urquell yeast I racked a pils off this morning.

Keep me posted on the pre prohibition thread

1 Like

So, I’m having this Pils I brewed… Its green, but tasty… The boys from the band really want to have happy hour… I’m trying to keep them at bay until it matures… I do have another 5-er lurking deep in the depths of the keezer… If this Apple cider would just quit burping… I could chill and swill… Sneezles61

Brewing an Oktoberfest this morning( mash rest in progress), definitely a Maerzen with TOG 1.062, ABV 5.98% and 24 IBU. Pilsner and light Munich. Magnum and Hallertauer. 2308. Simple but hopefully the bones of a great lager!

2 Likes

Doing mine tomorrow last day of March. Got to squeeze it in

Doing an APA today… Got a late start… Listening to Brew files while brewing… Time to ditch the coffee and pour a small pint. Sneezles61

Gravity post mash, is on 1.045 … pH was just on the high side… 5.6… still in the good range… I have to use up some German Mag hops… so pre boil, 1.5 oz in 13 gallons… now to boil it down… Gee, I had some yeast I didn’t label in the fridge… Got it going a few days ago… Its either Kviek or Whites 001… Mystery Pail Ale… Sneezles61

@sneezles61 is getting educated in the fine arts while brewing and I’m listening to Molly Hatchett,… nothing screams white trash like ol’ Molly​:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Lets not confuse the “fine art” of brewing and brew files… I’d liking’ it to highly sophisticated shoot from the hip… kinda stuff… It’s good to listen too!!
I got a cordless gizmo for my guitar yesterday… sooo had to try it out… I can observe my brewing while playing some scales and such… I’d call that… noisy racket! Sneezles61

1 Like

Hitting my TOG exactly makes me feel like this:

3 Likes

A guy riding a horse, wielding a sword… and they’re called… What? :joy: I enjoy their music… I use to have a limited release vinyl, signed by the band members… Someone needed it more than I… :cry:
I missed my target… wanted 1.052… ended at 1.057… I boiled it just a bit too long… I bet I’ll drink it tho!
Cleaned up, now to sit a few seconds and then get ready for the next adventure today! Sneezles61

1 Like

Think I’ll do the mash hop only exbeeriment tomorrow also while I have everything out

1 Like

Me wish spent more atention. On school. With chemistry. Had no reason. I went to rail road bridge construction path. Me did like party chemicals lots. Me more beer music. Concerts. Now. My brew path. Have to think lots using chemical calculation.

Ofest almost ready to chill. Made up a 1gallon recipe for the mash hop only. Was going for a Pilsner style with a package of wy2001. This 1 gallon will double as a starter to harvest the yeast. I was going to mash high but now I’m wondering if a dryer beer would accentuate the hops more.

Brewed a 5 gallon batch of Bavarian Hefewiezen on Friday. I cooled the wort by stashing my brew kettle in a snowbank :slight_smile: Fermenting at 66 degrees and really noticing the banana aroma coming from the fermenter using WB-06 dry yeast.

1 Like

Don’t be afraid to let that yeast go up to 80F that’s where the banana really shines.
I tried a snow bank cool once but it took too long. Snow is an excellent insulator really so once a vapor barrier was formed it stopped cooling. I had to keep smoothing to break the vapor barrier. Also there is not a lot of clean snow in Brooklyn

2 Likes

I bottled my Vienna Lager today and I’m very excited by its clean toasty malt flavor. I cannot wait for it to carb up.

I know what I’m listening to at work tomorrow! :headphones:

1 Like

ZZ Top… Live recording… Jailhouse rock? Follow up with Locomotion… Sneezles61

1 Like