What’s Brewin’?

Its B. claussenii that I harvested from Maine blueberries. I brought them back with me last summer while was visiting the family. Got to say it was a harder one to isolate a clean sample. There was lots of wild yeast on the blueberries and the morphology of some of them were very similar under microscope.

Micro biologist scientist? Sneezles61

What’s Brewin’?

Mosaic Promise Clone…

2 Likes

Nothing like using fresh fruit you pick yourself

Heck, I bought some more apple juice today… 5 gallons for 20 bucks… Easy Peasy!! Sneezles61

Veterinary medicine, mircobiolgy and chemistry is what i went to college for. Who knew i would apply it to brewing

4 Likes

At least it wasn’t a waste of a good education

3 Likes

1 Like

Enjoying a DIPA which i made back in January…

2 Likes

There is something about a finely crafted brew that boasts a head of foam like that… That is how I picture a fabulous brew! Sneezles61

1 Like

Dirty Water Brown 001 mashing right now

1 Like

This was the Dirty Water Brown 001 off of Beersmith. Hit the numbers perfectly. Pitched it on the Rye WLP001 yeastcake from Sunday. Big overpitch but what the heck! Seemed like a weird brown recipe. 1/2 an Oz of Magnum to bitter then an Oz of Amarillo at 15 and 1 3/4 at FO.

1 Like

It is good but I make my evil beers extremely hoppy (>100 IBU).
That way, only I will drink it.

10 gallon batch:
First 5 gallons - Proper IPA (guests)
2nd 5 gallons - Well, only I enjoy them, what I do in the extra 15 min of boil…
&:wink:
lol

1 Like

5 gallon Mexican Vienna lager mashing. Kegging pre pro Vienna. Dropping on the cake. Beautiful spring weather today

So you’re going to be selfish with us regarding your process too huh? :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I see a dump bed full of hops backing up to the kettle. . .:innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Nah,
I usually just add more hops & maybe corn sugar and sometimes steeped grains (made in the kitchen earlier)…
&:wink:

1 Like

:scream: say it ain’t so. You know this sight is owned by AB In-bev, right?

3 Likes

Brewing a Bushwick Pilsner today. Problematic day all around so far…

pH meter won’t calibrate to the 4.01 solution…ugh…Trying to follow BS3 acid additions so now doing so blindly…

Stepped mash is proving problematic for me also…just one of those days but…

It will be beer.

Yeah Tom! Please share your secret tip with us. Also, Hi! I am new to this forum but essentially not to brewing (sometimes post on here too). Would love to share and learn a lot from here. Cheers :beers:

1 Like