What’s Brewin’?

Just gonna send it!

Brewed my Christmas gift, the Plinian Legacy all grain…relatively quick and mistake free brew day after a loooong layoff…hadn’t brewed a new batch since September( pre Irma) :flushed:
1.076 OG
Back in the saddle again! (Cue up Aerosmith…or Gene Autry)

2 Likes

Had an old brewing buddy come in from Delaware today. Brewed up a NEIPA. Mosaic and Citra.

Today’s a Cherry Czech Doppelbock. Floor malted Bohemian Pilsner and dark floor malted for my base malts and carabohemian malt. Saaz and Kazbek for hops. OH! and Cherries !!!

Was going to brew something…but its -7.

2 Likes

Today was Kama Citra (extract) nice brew for a snowy day. Yesterday racked a batch of chocolate milk stout (all grain) into the keg.

Happy New Year!

Maybe I’ll do a small batch tomorrow I’m out of Pale ale. I’m going to see if I can do a quick turnaround beer.

It was a balmy 4° when I started. Got all the way up to 15°! Heatwave!

Look on bright side my mother in law live in Maine about hour away from Jrmaine. She said -16 burrrrrrrrrr!

1 Like

Just very dark brews in the kegs now… This week, IPA/ESB split batch… One our breweries “up north” has an ESB that is dark copper, very tasty! I’m going to start to hone in on it… The IPA comes out of the kettle first… I’ll have had alot of crystal and possibly 1.5 oz chocolate steeping, to add to the kettle… Sneezles61

I finally resurrected my vial of wlp099 that expired last March. The starter has a nice Krausen on it today. So probably tomorrow, something pale ale-ish or maybe IPA-ey or maybe something bitter. I have a lot of Pilsner malt, so maybe an old school ipa. Then the 099 yeast cake should be ready for the Hardy ale clone I’ve been meaning to try.

1 Like

Between work and moving my son and daughter in law to myrtle beach(8 hours away) and working on their house, I have not brewed one batch this year, although I still have plenty of my brew around (only beer drinker in the house). I’ve been doing a lot of vicarious brewing through you guys, though, so many thanks. I’ve promised myself to slow down this next year and get back to brewing, so getting ready to order something for January and get going!!

Cheers,

Ron

4 Likes

Denny’s BVIP today!

2 Likes

American pale ale. We picked up a pound of locally grown Cascade pellets so doing this:

5# MO
2.75# 2 Row
1.5# CC20
1# Vienna
.25# Carapils

Mashed at 145F

.6 Magnum at 60
Cascade at 15, 10, FO, 6 day DH

US-05

New England IPA tomorrow. Tired of old man winter and work getting in the way of my brew days.

8# Marris Otter
5# 2row
3# Flaked Oats
1oz Magnum leaf @60
1oz each Galaxy, Mosaic, Citra @1min, whirlpool and DH (in the keg)
1qt starter WLP 095 Burlington Ale yeast

Heating the strike for this as I type:

St.Patty’s Day is coming!

1 Like

I just bottled AND kegged 6.5 gallons of a Scottish 60/- that I am very pleased with, English nuttiness and just a little hint of roasty.

Next up will be a rye stout that I’m entering into competitions as an oatmeal stout – shh, don’t tell anyone! :wink:

1 Like

Just got notification that my ingredients shipped from NB and will be delivered tomorrow so I’m gonna see if I can swing a brewday this weekend (maybe two if I can pull it off :smiling_imp:), first since surgery! I ordered ingredients for Nugget Nectar Clone and Black IPA. I’m psyched!

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Nugget Nectar is pretty solid yet again this year. I assume you’ve had the commercial version before…

How’s it coming? :slight_smile: