1.5# White wheat
0.5# Acidulated malt
1.5# Flaked oats
0.5# Rice hulls
1 oz Vic Secret (19.2AA) @ 5 min
1 oz Galaxy (16.1AA) @ 5 min
1 oz Vic Secret (19.2AA) @ FO
1 oz Galaxy (16.1AA) @ FO
1 oz Vic Secret (19.2AA) @ High Krausen
1 oz Galaxy (16.1AA) @ High Krausen
1 oz Vic Secret (19.2AA) @ 7 days before kegging
1 oz Galaxy (16.1AA) @ 7 days before kegging
Wyeast 1318 (London Ale III)
4# Frozen mango chunk
1 Tahatian vanilla bean
- Add lactose 5 minutes before end of boil
- Steep FO hops (or whirlpool) for 10 min before cooling
- Add first dry hop at high krausen for biotransformation
- Add frozen mango to secondary 7 days before kegging
- Cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise and soak in vodka overnight - add 7 days before kegging
I added the mango to a 5 gallon paint strainer bag closed with a cable tie and added into secondary (Big Mouth Bubbler made this easy).
I might have put the second round of dry hops and the mango at 10 days... I'd have to look back at my notes and don't have them on this computer.
Next time I might drop the acidulated malt (I don't measure Ph but not sure I really needed this), or might increase the mango to 5#. Nevertheless, it turned out great in my opinion.