What’s Brewin’?

I know we had a discussion going about WP temperature and aroma. I Used to do FO like you mentioned but know do it as a WP a 180-170 for 10 or so. Now I think stopping the cooling for even longer in NEIPA is not really a problem because I don’t think you care about the protiens dropping out anyway. On a clear beer I like to get to cold break quickly

1 Like

Man you know it’s gettin’ serious when “I could tell you my beer recipe but then I’d have to kill ya…”

1 Like

I was of the same mindset @brew_cat regarding the fast coldbreak but I’ve been doing a 170ish WP with all my IPAs for a while now and haven’t noticed any change in clarity of finished beers.

You can’t blame a guy for protecting the commercial goodies! R&D baby, it’s all good!

It is for my short time at the brewery. Did learn. Got to brew. What the quest like. Not what i want. Even at my house. Brew beers. What other people have a taste for

2 Likes

Contractual intellectual property stuff.

@wilcolandzaat you are correct. In the commercial world it isn’t about you…

1 Like

Yes I know…it was joke…

1 Like

Many many breweries give out there recipes it’s a sign of flattery. Also it’s free advertising. A friend buys some 2hearted and says. “I respect your opinion about beer and if your trying to brew it it must be a good beer I’ll buy some”

2 Likes

Although true often they are not the total recipe or 100% accurate. They usually only list the malts and hops, which I did.

Yes and also it’s hard to scale down a recipe so adjustments need to be made. Sam Adams has always given their recipe hasn’t hurt their sales. Heck Bells gives their recipe and encourages people to harvest their yeast from their bottles. Just don’t use their name in your advertisement which apparently is what NB did. Common courtesy really

1 Like

There aren’t many common store bought brews I’d want to clone.

I don’t think of them as clones. But if I see a recipe that looks good I’ll give it a go. The few I’ve done have always come out better than the original. Could have something to do with freshness. They are always popular on my taps especially with those who aren’t into some of my other concoctions sours and stuff. Have to brew some for the masses

1 Like

Today is my annual Kriek brewing.
This years it is
4.5lbs Belgian Pils
4.5lbs Red Wheat
4 oz Caramunich
4 oz Rye
4 oz Oak Smoked malt (I know not traditional)
60 min Hallertau
Wyeast Belgian Lamibic Blend 3278
After primary fermentation it will be racked onto 6ish pounds tart cherry puree and 2 oz hibiscus petals boiled in a pint of water with 8 oz Maltodextrin

Did yesterday. The resilience ipa. Now busy fermenting. Nice brew day. Everything came out as planned. Day off. Today. Me transfer. A farmhouse saison and on the quest for 5 lbs frozen cherrie. Next week brew a cherrie beer. For August when my sister is on island

Did our host’s Brut-YPA and the IINERIPA. Nailed the brut #'s but missed by a mile on the other. Gonna have to noodle on it.

Nothing but junk on TV tonight. Bottling the ends of 4 kegs. Ended up with 19/ Abbey 10/Belgian Tripple 6/Brewcat IPA and 6/ sour saison. Happy Brewcat

1 Like

Love bottlingthe ends up. Amazes me how many I get sometimes.

1 Like

I kicked 3 almost MT kegs out of the keezer so I could add a new one… Wow… That was such a good brew… Sneezles61

And heres the first in my series… very young and cloudy, yet tasty!

3 Likes

1 - Two Hearted Ale Clone
2- Ryecoe Clone
3- New England IPA (Juicy IPA)
4 - Stout

4 Likes

You will always get the haze back as soon as you touch the keg. lol