What’s Brewin’?

Actually never been in there. My daughter taught and my grandson went to Boulder country day school that is in the same complex as Avery. They didn’t have a tasting room back then I thought because of it’s proximity to a school. Is there a tasting room there now?

Looking at their website, they moved locations within a month of me being there. When we went in January of '15, it was in an industrial area. The new facility looks really nice, but I’m totally unfamiliar with CO as I’ve only been there to ski twice in my life.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Well just got back after a couple weeks away to 2 fermenters of ESB that have been working for 3+ weeks. Kegs all have beer in them. Not all full so time to do some blending ant transferring. I make alot of one offs anyway so this is more of the same. I think up next will be some type of IPA

Brewed the NB Oatmeal Cookie Brown Ale this morning. I can’t wait for this one, it sounds so good!

I brewed the Oatmeal Cookie a few weeks ago, and just tapped it today. I’m not usually a fan of brown beers, but the wife and I made this at her request. I’m glad we did. It’ll probably never be a favorite, but it’s a pretty tasty brew. I’m sure it will get even better as the cinnamon mellows a bit. (We threw a little extra in the brew.)

1 Like

today… A festbier… 10 gallons…
4 lbs Dark Munich
8 lbs 2-row
8 lbs Marris Otter
Adjust pre strike water with citric acid to 5.8 pH
2 tbsp calcium chloride after grist is pulled
1.5 oz northern brew, bittering
4 oz tettnang at 5 minutes
4 oz whirlpool…
I will expect 5.3-5.5 ABV…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Brewed a Burton Ale with my new brewpup, Little Lord Burton McFugglesworth (Burt).
This will sit til next year.

2 Likes

20 minutes to go in the mash for 10 gallons of Knot Today. First taste of the last keg of this was on 8/21 and it blew on the 31st. A little surprised at how fast it went but it WAS tasty. Also have grain for Weezer NEIPA in the wings!

Today… 10 gallons of Belgium IPA…
12 lbs pilsner
12 lbs Marris Otter
1 lbs C-120
1 lbs white wheat
2 lbs sugar
2.5 oz northern brewer
FO 4 oz Amarillo
DH with 1 pound of centennial for one of the 5 gallons
DH with 1 pound of Cascades for the other 5 gallons
7.8 ABV… Imperial yeasts’ gnome…
Sneezles61

1lb of dry hops per 5gal!?!? That’s some serious dry hopping!

All cones… I gave my centennial rhizomes to a friend. They do very well for him… He picks, I brew! Cascades comes from a newer farmer just south of us. Great price so I can do this!
My SG came in a 1.075… So If I finish at 1.010, this should be 8% ABV… Not bad… I don’t care too much for big brews any more… been tinkering with 4.5 to 5.5 ABV’s… Theres kind of a sweet spot there where you can enjoy a few and not get so tore up… Or, I’m getting older? :older_man: Sneezles61

1 Like

I would think a lb of cones would absorb an awefull lot of liquid

1 Like

Some, not as much as you’d think… But when I brew, I adjust my quantity so there is a picture of brew left after I keg(big sample!), AND the fermenters I use hold 7.5 gallons… Imagine that… I planned ahead! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

Without getting all scientific 1oz. of whole hops absortion rate is 0.15 of a quart. Thats 4.8 ounces per 1 oz of whole hops. So 4.8 oz X 16 oz = 76.8 oz ÷ 32 = 2.4 quarts of loss beer

1 Like

I’ll watch my volumes and report back… Sneezles61

Cool Dog.

Didn’t pay attention… so, no report… Sneezles61

Mexican Lager last week, brown ale yesterday, and a session IPA tomorrow. Was 24° yesterday while I brewed… what happened to fall? :rage:

Fall got covered up with a very nice white blanket! :grin: Sneezles61

Going to try to do any Abbey Ale. Was going to use torbinado sugar because I have it but I would rather use some Belgian syrup