What’s Brewin’?

Same thing first time waited 8 months. Now had the enough self control to wait. Did keg yesterday. Nice flav good taste. Abv 4.8. Now carbonation time. Next week sample time

NEIPA tomorrow. Also working up a really hoppy Pils. Hopefully get that in next week.

What you got going this weekend?

Just received AG kits (grain & hops only) for our host’s Bavarian Hef, Fresh Squished, and Kama Citra.

Rain today and tomorrow. No lawn mowing. No planting in the garden. Get the yeast ready today for brewing NBs American Amber Ale tomorrow. Petite Saison is fermented out and can be moved out of temperature control to make room for a new fermentor.

Plinian Legacy finally mashed in after fighting my mill for over an hour. :rage: It’s time for a new mill, I’m sick of fighting my Captain Crush almost every brewday. Normally it will hiccup a time or two, but today was a bear the entire time. Any recommendations on a solid mill I just can dump grains in and it will crush them without asking questions? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

Cereal killer.

Ya I like my cereal killer as well. Only done a few batches so far but seems to do very well. Have my Plinian legacy in the keg now, with the second dry hop due mid next week then ready to drop the temp and start carbing…

JSP malt mill… Perhaps 14 years old… Works as well now as it did new. Sneezles61

1 Like

Annnnnnd Injust realized that I pitched Omega DIPA instead of West Coast I in the starter flask two hours ago. :joy: I’m just gonna run with it at this point and see how it turns out. I have no clue what I was thinking. Off the Topper is next weekend. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Might turn out great…East meets West!

Is that guy still selling mills? I wanted to buy one and it seemed he was not selling them anymore

Biggie and Tupac.

2 Likes

JSP here too. Absolutely no problems and works every time.

1 Like

Its been a while since i posted a recipe here is my Cherry Flanders red that im brewing today
Og 1.070
Fg 1.008
9.75 lb Belgian Pils malt
4.0 lb Munich malt
0.75 lb Caramunich malt1
0.5 lb wheat
0.5 lb aromatic malt
0.5 lb Special B malt
2.0 oz Carafa III malt
1.0 oz EKG pellets @ 60 min
Primary yeast WLP028
Secondary Wyeast 3763 Roeselare Ale and 6 lbs tart cherries

4 Likes

Looks like a nice brew. Do you bottle condition it?

I will age it in carboy with the Roeslare for at least 6 months if not more might bottle half and keg half.

Rye IPA and Black IPA Rye variant is in the beer frig and ready to rock (1 week at 10 PSI).
AHA Porter to be racked this weekend (6 gallons)
Vienna IPA moves to secondary this weekend (10 gallons) Dry Hop?, we will see…
B52s in Grand Rapids (Meijer Gardens) on Friday
Hatter Days (Holland MI) on Saturday.
Party weekend…
Will tend to my hops on Sunday.

Took the day off yesterday and hit up the hoppy Pils. Have the 7gal conical and the two 14gal conicals full. Gotta love that!

Preparing to brew on Sunday… Time to get the Australian 009 going, and the Kviek will just be pitched from the pooch… (pouch).
50/50 pils and Marris Otter, 5 oz of 120-C per 5-er… This’ll be a 10 gallon brew…
German Hercules for bittering… And many different aroma hops… I’ll have my wife do a blind selection there… Sneezles61

Mango White Raspberry Gose
OG: 1.050
FG: 1.010
IBU: 13
ABV: 5%
6 lb Wheat malt
4 lb Pilsner malt
8 oz Rice Hulls
2 vials of WLP672 kettle sour at 98/100 degrees
For two days or when ph has droped to 3.5.
Then boil and add Hops
0.50 oz Perle at 45 minutes
1 oz indian coriander seed at 10 minutes
0.50 oz salt at 10 minutes.
Finish fermentaion with Wyeast 3068
Adding 3 lbs of white Raspberrys and 3 lbs mango’s in for two weeks