What’s Brewin’?

Boat beer yesterday and our 51K clone session beer today.

I get a tea flavor from Idaho7

Brewed 6 gallons of Porter on Sunday.
Maybe this time it will work out.

Recipe from AHA:
Michael Westcott of Clarksdale, AZ won a gold medal in Category #12: Porter during
the 2005 National Homebrew Competition Final Round in Baltimore , MD.
Westcott’s Porter was chosen as the best among 190 final round entries
in the category.

1 Like

That really sez alot about his state of mind and way of brewing… You can have side by side grains… but there is something to be said about his applied style… Sneezles61

State your mind Sneezles61…
Not sure what you wrote is good or bad… lol

He has a porter mastered… You cannot win a contest by the seat of your pants… Parallels right there… Its good! :grin: Sneezles61

Drinking the Czech pils I brewed 5weeks ago. I think I done good.

1 Like

I have yet to make a good porter…
Only IPAs and Stouts are good thus far.
&:wink:

1 Like

I have Denny’s BVIP porter in the fermenter right now. Hoping for good results with this one. My first porter was the White House Honey Porter kit a couple of years ago. It came out well. That was an extract kit.

The BVIP is all grain.

Getting the yeast ready today for brewing tomorrow. The Chinook IPA was requested for the 4th of July week end.

1 Like

I have the Chinook IPA in secondary at the moment, trying to decide what to brew this weekend. Maybe a Scottish Ale? Something non-IPA for my friends who aren’t fans of them.

Don’t worry about friends who don’t like IPAs.
They just need to learn.

1 Like

How well do you handle temp control? Maybe a Kölsch style beer?

I have a minimalist setup right now, but am looking to find a temperature regulation solution in the near future. Not sure I have ever had a Kölsch, but it looks like they are fun to brew!

Awesome. Me getting ready to keg. A imperial stout. Witbier. And a kriek. Did let the kriek. Stand for a year. Today. Keg cleaning. Next sat and sun brewing day. Me not off this week

Congrats on waiting for the Kriek for a whole year. Today you get to see if all that time was worth it. 6 months is as much patience as I’ve had

1 Like

Maybe an amber ale or Irish Red? Or Scottish Ale like you first mentioned. :stuck_out_tongue:

Decided the only way to get the lawn and garden work done and brew is make it an early brew day. Chinook IPA is ready to go into the fermentor. Now lawn work. Supposed to hit 90°F today. Most likely a simple grilled brat supper.

I had a similar experience/dilemma a couple months ago. I decided the only way to get my taxes done and brew was to start the day brewing. Luckily we were given an extra day to file this year… so I made the right decision( although my wife didn’t think so at the time).

Bottled my the 2.5 gallons of left over wheat today. I pushed the high range of the temperature trying to get maximum banana with yeast 3068. There is a lot of banana but still a lot of clove. Which is fine because the other 2.5 gallons were added to 2.5 gallons of Saison that was fruity in another direction. I dryhopped that blend today and it smells amazing. The remaining 2.5 gallons of unblended Saison now have added 14 oz of soursop and tomorrow will get introduced to YeastBay Brett Brux TYB261

1 Like

Was originally planning to brew this weekend, but decided that since I still had two in carboy’s, I should transfer both of them and clean rather than brewing. Kegged Zombie Dirt and Fixed Gear and just about done with rinse cycle on the carboy washer. Big mouth cleaned by hand while narrow mouth got hosed. Both will need about a week of dry hop anyway so they won’t be drinkable before next weekend. Plinian Legacy will be next weekend. I’m clearly not ready for summer, I about died mowing the lawn this morning even though I was done by 10:30. Too hot and muggy today. :sweat:

:beers:
Rad