What’s Brewin’?

Even the oven/stove…
Sneezles61

Starting the new year with a few meads and a beer.

I have a 5 gallon Blackbriar Mead (scaled up from the recipe in the Elder Scrolls cookbook, 5 lbs blackberries, 10 lbs honey, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1.5 tsps of ground cloves and 5 tsp of rosehips.). Gonna add more cinna sticks, cloves and rosehips as needed in secondary.

1 gallon Caribou Slobber beer, added some blackberries.

1 gallon Mandarin Mead, mandarin orange slices from a can, syrup mostly drained. Two cans for 30 oz, 2 lbs orange blossom honey from Sandt’s, calcium carbonate to counteract the citric acid, pectic enzyme and about a 1/4 tsp of tannins.

1 gallon of blueberry pie mead, 2 lb raw blueberry honey, blueberry pie filling, pectic enzyme to counteract the pectin.

1 gallon of Valhiem Tasty Mead (from Doin The Most), 1 lb honey, 1 lb blueberries, 1 lb raspberries and pectic enzyme

1 gallon tomato wine. 4 tomatoes (2.5 pounds), 2 lbs sugar (to raise S.G. to 1.090) and pectic enzyme. This was more of an experiment than anything. Hoping if it’s not great to drink, it’ll be good to cook with.

4 Likes

You sound like yer having fun with fermentables… very cool!
Sneezles61

brewed a two hearted style beer only dumped it on the oyster stout cake of US-04 yeast

Since i’m in covid isolation, i got some extra time to brew. Yesterday i brewed a simple lager with perle for bittering and tettnanger for the rest. Today i made time for something close to a common, and the plan for tomorrow is to brew some sort of ipa. In other words: the isolation series. Covid isolation isn’t all that bad:wink:

1 Like

i did an isolation series during the lockdown here. did a few Isolation Pale Ale (IPA) also a Bock to Normal which now is called I’ll be Bock in honor of Omnicron

1 Like

Cold, very sweet wort in the fermenter… Diamond Lager yeast…
Sneezles61

Sparging in Lakefront Bridge Burner clone, should get my mash tun dumped before the snow starts. :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

Must be windy there. Im hoping to get something in this week

Brewer a session IPA on a whim today. Pilsner malt, maris otter malt; little wheat malt and some C15. Hops were Amarillo, centennial, and Simcoe. Same for dry hopping. Still need to get in my Bock and working on an Irish red LAGER.

1 Like

I have the same cooler for a jockey box. Keeps the ice very well so it must be great to keep mash temps.

Pretty sure I’ve read on here that blue coolers get ten more points of efficiency over the red ones. :sunglasses:

Snowy brewday here today, Nugget Nectar clone.

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Yeah im going to brew tomorrow been doing some hardwood flooring in a couple rooms but i need a a brewing break. Going to do the Dortmund lager with a decoction mash and maybe if im up for it another pale ale/IPA. Really need to build up stock

It’ll never end… :rofl::joy:

Irish red lager today. Thinking a dunkleweizen Saturday…. 2 weeks ago got a session IPA in so getting ready for soft crashing/DH/cold crashing.

1 Like

I’ve got a lager cake to employ… BUT… I think I can sneak an Ale in first… Heck… having 2 fermenters, there shouldn’t be a problem, eh?
Sneezles61

I brewed a helles yesterday and pitched directly on a lager yeast cake. Even with my fermentation chamber at 48, the yeast went to work so fast and hard I had to switch my air lock to a blowoff setup.

1 Like

Happy Valentine’s Day.
Me and the Mrs, are taking the day off work to brew a Witbier together, shooting for similar to a Hoegaarden.

It’s wonderful having a spouse who not only approves, but also participates in homebrewing.

Eat your hearts out gents, she’s taken.

6 Likes

when I brew alone I like to be by myself

2 Likes

Lonesome Brew Cat Thoroughgood!
Everybody’s funny… Now you funny too!!
Sneezles61

1 Like