What’s Brewin’?

Alright… weather is cooling up here… I should have the last of my out of doors projects wrapped up mid of next week… I’m going to get busy brewing… Start with O-fest… :joy:
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Messed up shit. Turned the gas on realize some one did steal my full gas bottle. No biggy. Still had one bottle hooked up. Me thinking. Well. I do make it. For this brew. Transfer my wort into boil kettle. Me happy. Collected all my wort. Turn gas back on clean meanwhile mash tun. Time to take a look if my wort reached. A rolling boil. No gas tank empty. No car to buy new. Tank. See my neighbor. She was the hero of the day. She did give a full bottle in exhange. For a home brew. Pffff. Stress

4 Likes

Makin’ lemonade out of lemons man. Nice neighbor!

2 Likes

Did an exbeeriment today, kind of a new whack at a galaxy IPA. Doing a small batch Mosaic/Golden Promise smash at a local brewery tomorrow. It’ll be fun seeing if it goes over with folks.

In a side note, doing my best to leave my APL in the lagering fridge.

2 Likes

About a month Mr. Noob? Gotta pull some"spent yeast" out of the bottom once every few weeks…:yum:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Marzen style Octoberfest with two days to spare!

5 Likes

Denny’s BVIP on a perfect fall afternoon. :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Love that recipe. Need to do it again. Probably been 5 years since I brewed that.

German Pilsner today

Doing an English Bitter today. Foundry is heating water as I type.

1 Like

Brewed up Great Lakes Christmas clone yesterday in the snow. Was a great brewday, other than watching my Stillers tie the Lions. :joy:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Working on a new RIS today and actually getting ready for knockout. But thought I would post this pic. How do you know when you’re using A LOT of roasted grain? When you have to make the water so hard to get to pH of 5.45 that you can’t see through it

3 Likes

A whole box of baking soda? Holy O’ Moly!! (did I let the cat out of the bag?)
Sneezles61

I was referring to the person with “crazy idea” seeing the baking soda adjustment…
Sneezles61

Haha! No for 12.5gals of RO water:
Gypsum: 1.25g
Cal Chl: 1.25g
Epsom: 5g (!)
Salt: 2.5g
Soda: 1.9g
Pick. Lime: 3.1g

1 Like

Picking lime is the bomb.

1 Like

Brewed our host’s La Petite Orange kit today. I haven’t been brewing much this last year so, I’ve been sticking to pre-kitted brews while I focus on dialing in my use of the anvil foundry. Today for the first time I nailed my OG with the foundry! This should have been easier. Most of the problem has been that not brewing regularly for various life related issues, has caused us to miss things we used to do by rote, like be prepared for additions. Also the thing I’d so frickin SLOW to heat on 110v

2 Likes

Yeah 110v is slow. IIRC the Foundry has the ability to switch to 240v?

Yes, but only if there is a 220v outlet nearby.

Do you have an electric dryer? That outlet could work with a home made adapter cord. One of our homes had electric and when we converted the dryer to gas I used the for a electric kettle I put together.