What did you do or see today

Wife and I went up north… Trees are at maximum color right now… Beautiful…
I can’t seem to download picts right now… We stopped at Castle Danger brewery enjoyed a couple of there offerings… Very close to the kettle…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Sat outside after doing some work. Can not have a beer due to meds, but the smell of fall and the sounds of leaves falling, is something of great privilege.

1 Like

I was a guest in a remote learning class for the second day in a row. I chased a teenage raccoon off of our loading dock who refused to leave. I pickled some Korean radishes while watching Star Trek Voyager with the kids.

1 Like

There’s the saison and Amber… I wonder what’s going on… The internet really is sporadic over here…
These guys have this covid times/conditions figured out
Sneezles61

:disappointed:I’ll be seeing a lot of liquid too…clear liquids. :weary:
Routine colonoscopy tomorrow am.

1 Like

So you are off and running?:scream:

3 Likes

:running_man:t2:Just drank my first bottle of prep, like the worst Kool-Aid you could imagine. Good news is I have the ‘pole position’ for colonoscopies tomorrow morning. 6:15 am. Apparently I can’t drink any beer tonight either.

Much to the delight of my wife, I drove 3 of our 4 children to school today for the first time in almost two weeks! Our 4 yr old spiked a temp two weeks ago Saturday and was coldy so Dr wanted her tested (negative came back last Friday) so with school protocols the older three had been remote learning since the little one got her cold. Figured I’d be nice and drive them and ALL of their books rather than sending them on the bus. Wife gave me a big ole grin as she waved goodbye to them on the way out of the garage. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, I typically walk around our business park at lunch, just shy of 3 miles in about 40 mins and can I just say. …MAN I love fall!! :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

OH my Voodoo…that stuff really flushed me out…I did wake up part ways through… “What are you guys f’n around with” … Then the lights went out…
I’m glad your kids are good Rad… You can’t care enough… Coming from a guy as a 5 year old riding my bike along side the highway… My folks found out and tanned my backside…
Tomorrow I’ll pour a pad so I can relocate my propane tank next week… Did I mention the guy on a mini swivel digger hit a small buried line? He kept on going… A few hours later… Wife WAS taking a shower and ran out of water…
I was privileged to be able to run a new feed line out to our well… I finished about one beer ago… :disappointed:… We’ve got water though!!!
Sneezles61

2 Likes

After. 4 days of rain. Start cleaning the garden. The weed groing like crazy. Pfff after 3 hours. Way to warm. Started a yeast starter. For tomorow. Brew day. Wife said go do some shopping. Find bunch of nice pumpkins. Today pumkin soup. After noon did a real nice dive. Sponges. Where. Spawning. Lots of small nudibranch. And fish went into a feeding frenzie. Due to spawning. Enjoy few beers with my buddy. Tailgate beer drinking. After all nice day

2 Likes

In one end out the other…

I wasn’t today but last Monday we went went apple pickin’ Pickin to us means we bought a couple of pecks of apples at an orchard. Just south of Syracuse is apple country and there are lots of orchards with roadside stands all the way up to a large one that produces hard cider and vodka.

Back in the dark ages I was “the phone man” in that area so I knew where all the orchards were so we went to one of the small ones that is kind of hidden away. She likes Empires I like Gala so we each got one peck. We also got some apple fritters that were terrible. I think they haven’t changed the fryer oil since I worked down there 30 years ago :astonished: Oh well the apples are tasty and the ride was nice even though the leaves have not turned much.

1 Like

Our leaves are about done with changing ing color… Now to pick them up…
I’ve got concrete this AM… Temps will be nice around here until the beginning of next week…
Time for my coffee… Find my boots… :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

Rapidly. Done and back home again by 8am…good report(relatively), 2 small polyps and see ya in 5 years. Still no ethanol today!:weary:

2 Likes

Glad to here thing s went well. Alcohol tomorrow to sip.:wink:

2 Likes

I got the last of the hard surface under our deck done… There you darn cats… Take that!!
I trust that’ll make putting the deck furniture away in the fall… Our propane tank gets relocated tomorrow, some misc dirt work done and I’m just about ready for winter…
I see snow in the forecast now!!! :hugs: … Next week I’ll put the snowblower on the yard tractor… I really like winter!
Sneezles61

3 Likes

I was able to stand on the deck… face to the wind… and get snow on my face…
Very good day in my book.
Sneezles61

3 Likes

Huh… Just finished my landscaping yesterday!!! Time to swap out my dirt shovel for a snow scoop!!! :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

1 Like

If that was all there was to winter, I would have no problem with it. 32 here this morning with a little frost. Sun burned it right off though. Looks like the 10 day forecast is for more seasonable weather.

It’s actually early for snow up here… It won’t stick… Ground is not froze yet… Our forecast shows overnight lows in mid teens for about a week… Then a warm up… :slightly_frowning_face:
Sneezles61