What did you cook today?

Was Grantmesteven the pepper fermenting guy? I hope he’s got all moved in to his new crib, and the yard work done so his wife will let him come hang out here and git brewing again! :joy:
Sneezles61

Thats @Grantmesteven if your trying to get his attention

1 Like

Still here. Haven’t brewed since moving yet! Still fencing

1 Like

Now, we have a few others that have gone silent… Within’ they’d chime in…
Sneezles61

Made big batch of humus. I’m getting pretty good at it. A super easy think to do if you have a good blender.

Did a London broil tonight with a kosher salt and cracked pepper rub, used the dijon herb butter compote in this recipe:

and of course, did a reverse sear in Flars honor. Should have taken a picture of my meat platter, but it disappeared too fast. Served with baked potatoes and cauliflower.

We have reached a scary point in family life where meat now 100% disappears with no leftovers. 4 growing kids are getting hungry. (and expensive :rofl:)

Wife is heading to Alaska with her mother for a week day after tomorrow to visit her brother and family, gonna be some interesting Daddy cooking taking place for the next week, any suggestions? :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

p.s. that’s a glass of my Lakefront Bridge Burner clone, which was excellent with dinner.

3 Likes

Mickey D’s. Swear the kids to secrecy and throw out the evidence! :joy:

1 Like

Mac n cheese every day!! Slice up some really good franks, boil with the noodles… Pour on the black pepper… If no one is watching… Big ol handful of shredded cheese…
You all can eat healthy when Mom is back!

1 Like

my dad would open a can of beans cut up some hot dogs and serve over macaroni. Man I loved that

2 Likes

I got some black garlic at my spice store. This stuff is so delicious!

2 Likes

Made some colossal shrimp we brought home from South Padre along with some venison tenderloin. Salad and a baker to top things off. :yum:

2 Likes

Coq a la bier

1 Like

Had to Google it since my French is not so good but it sure sounds tasty. Not sure I would use a Blanche de Chambly like one recipe I looked at but could come up with a homebrew to sub.

Wife’s bday today so I took a half day and was VERY busy cooking. Chicken Cordon Bleu, noodles and asparagus (missed the wine gravy in this pic)

This recipe is becoming a bday favorite at our house, just don’t get your blood work done too soon after :sunglasses:

Plus my first ever fully scratch cake, chocolate with strawberries and butter cream frosting.

Rad

4 Likes

nicely done

Looks great Rad. My wife’s birthday is tomorrow. Think I will pick up some fresh yellowfin tuna we can “cook” together. She makes up roasted sesame seed sauce to coat the outside and sear it. Not a good idea to have your cholesterol tested with that either.

She is really hard to buy for. I can’t even get a hint out of her. Maybe the tuna tonight and out for lunch or dinner, her choice tomorrow. A bunch of flowers somewhere in there.

4 Likes

Aw shucks, you guys are so considerate towards yer wives… :star_struck:
Sneezles61

first ever attempt at pork ribs, turned out delicious on a gorgeous 85 degree day with margaritas. :sunglasses:

Rad

Looks good @radagast! Love smoking different meats. Pretty easy if you have one thing- TIME!

Did look behind the peppers. Did see a nice fender amp

1 Like